The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2016/17 Game Schedule

On the road again. Canes home opener is against the Rags on Oct 28. The full game schedule will be released tomorrow but I really hate that we spend most of Oct on the road.

Canes Will Host Rangers in Home Opener

You may notice this date is later than usual, and this is due to the World Cup of Hockey slightly pushing back the start of the regular season and the State Fair rolling into town for an Oct. 13 opening.

The advantage is team building on the road, and if we can come out of October at least near the cut line, we will have home games in the future. Our start is so important though...hopefully this is the year we start on time. Cam? This means you too.

The advantage is team building on the road, and if we can come out of October at least near the cut line, we will have home games in the future. Our start is so important though...hopefully this is the year we start on time. Cam? This means you too.

I would rather have a team building dinner at home than a series of team building flights. In the end you have to beat teams on the road so you might as well do it at the beginning.

I once loved the state fair but now I just want to kick them out of town in October.

Once upon a time I believed the whole "team building" thing. Now it's just the org trying to put a good spin on a bad situation. I really wish the Canes would just tell the league to schedule them the same as everybody else in October and let the Department of Agriculture deal with it. 

Or, play October's "home" games in CLT. Let the AHLers travel for cryin' out loud.

Found this

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip Jun 20

In 1999, Canes played home opener on Oct. 29, when arena was first opened. Played first nine games on road.

I remember this well, was frustrating, although I believe they probably needed the extra time as the arena was literally not finished.

Wow, did anybody catch that all but one of the 11 Friday home games will start at 7:30pm?  Mrs. Coastal is going to love this, as she has wanted this to happen for years.

that time works better for getting work traffic out of the area

Once upon a time I believed the whole "team building" thing. Now it's just the org trying to put a good spin on a bad situation. I really wish the Canes would just tell the league to schedule them the same as everybody else in October and let the Department of Agriculture deal with it. 

Or, play October's "home" games in CLT. Let the AHLers travel for cryin' out loud.

I remember when the NC State / UNC football game at Carter Finley was on State Fair Weekend to boost attendance for the fair. That was a long time ago, just like parking on Wade Ave for the fair/football game.

If the Checkers do the same as last season, the Canes could have done it. The Checkers played the whole month of October on the Road.

Edited by hopper915

I remember when the NC State / UNC football game at Carter Finley was on State Fair Weekend to boost attendance for the fair. That was a long time ago, just like parking on Wade Ave for the fair/football game.

If the Checkers do the same as last season, the Canes could have done it. The Checkers played the whole month of October on the Road.

You could even do specially-priced mini-plan packages for the PNC with proof of residency in CLT or points west, for all fans attending October games in CLT. The marketing possibilities are really endless. 

If we are anywhere near the cut line on Dec 11 we are in good shape. The trick will be getting there.

After Dec 11, we have 31 home games and 23 road games in the final 54 games, and both west coast trips done.

Edited by remkin

If we are anywhere near the cut line on Dec 11 we are in good shape. The trick will be getting there.

After Dec 11, we have 31 home games and 23 road games in the final 54 games, and both west coast trips done.

Ok...so I just booked tickets to California for the Kings/Canes game on 8 December and the Sharks/Canes game on 10 December (cross off two more on the Pilgrimage)...and since I have yet to see them win on the road (0-7), you might as well pencil in 2x L's ;)