The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

FREE AGENT TALK: 2016

Still waiting for someone to comment on my question on Jimmy Vesey. Guess it was to mundane to exert the effort?

It's kind of a meh for me. I mean, just how good is he?

I don't know enough about Vesey to have a feeling one way or another. My only thought at the moment is we have Tolchinsky in the Org that may be a step ahead at the moment?

I don't know enough about Vesey to have a feeling one way or another. My only thought at the moment is we have Tolchinsky in the Org that may be a step ahead at the moment?

Yeah, I think Tolchinshy is going to surprise some people this year. I'm also eager to see Saarela and Zykov.

super_dave and slapshot, thanks for humoring me, and your thoughts because I was just basing my question on conversation from several Sabers fans, and from what a coup this player seemed to be. I too know nothing about him?

At times when I post, I get crickets back, so I was just making sure someone, anyone, had read it?

At times when I post, I get crickets back, so I was just making sure someone, anyone, had read it?

Who are you again?  ;)

super_dave and slapshot, thanks for humoring me, and your thoughts because I was just basing my question on conversation from several Sabers fans, and from what a coup this player seemed to be. I too know nothing about him?

You say something?

I really didn't know anything on Vesey. If only we had a way to find out this info.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15164386/nhl-top-prospect-jimmy-vesey-spurns-predators-test-nhl-free-agency-summer

Good size. Former 3rd rounder who dominated in college. Is that like an over ager in juniors? Possibly a top prospect who will apparently sign in Toronto because of family.

Both sides would be crazy. The struggle to get this CBA was brutal but it's pretty amazing for everybody. I predict full term and relatively quick renewal when it comes due.

I hope you are right, but after the last lockout, saying that they would have to be crazy to end up in another lockout doesn't really provide that much reassurance...  ;)

I hope you are right, but after the last lockout, saying that they would have to be crazy to end up in another lockout doesn't really provide that much reassurance...  ;)

True dat! Greed knows no bounds.

You say something?

I really didn't know anything on Vesey. If only we had a way to find out this info.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15164386/nhl-top-prospect-jimmy-vesey-spurns-predators-test-nhl-free-agency-summer

Good size. Former 3rd rounder who dominated in college. Is that like an over ager in juniors? Possibly a top prospect who will apparently sign in Toronto because of family.

Yeah, I got the impression that Vesey wasn't happy with being drafted by the Preds in the third round, so he decided to go to college to a) get more experience and B) become a free agent. Not that I hold that against him, but it sounds like he values being close to family more than some other players; if that's what he wants, he ought to pursue that. If that means he signs in Toronto, so be it.

So- I agree that it was probably past time for Eric and the orginazation to move on...listening to Eric's interview today - is it just me or is he implying (saying) Carolina wasn't a good fit for him-they don't play his style-he wasnt being put in situations where he could produce-management sucked-the team doesn't have good enough players for him to play with-they don't play an uptempo/attack style game... That Carolina is not able or willing to do whatever it takes to win...

I wish him and his family well-I really do...however when you're being paid what he was for as long as he was-made captain well before he was ready-played how many different systems-under how many different coaches-talked the team into signing your brother-had a major role in shaping young players... It sounds just a little like he is biting the hand that fed him for many years-just because he's sitting at a different table...which is ok since we're not paying for the meal now-

LETS GO CANES!

So- I agree that it was probably past time for Eric and the orginazation to move on...listening to Eric's interview today - is it just me or is he implying (saying) Carolina wasn't a good fit for him-they don't play his style-he wasnt being put in situations where he could produce-management sucked-the team doesn't have good enough players for him to play with-they don't play an uptempo/attack style game... That Carolina is not able or willing to do whatever it takes to win...

I wish him and his family well-I really do...however when you're being paid what he was for as long as he was-made captain well before he was ready-played how many different systems-under how many different coaches-talked the team into signing your brother-had a major role in shaping young players... It sounds just a little like he is biting the hand that fed him for many years-just because he's sitting at a different table...which is ok since we're not paying for the meal now-

LETS GO CANES!

Don't forget the implied diss of the fans.  But whatever.  It really probably isn't.  It his him trying to look forward, and speak to the new fan base.  He uses the word "hope" over 10 times in the interview I saw.  Interesting.

He "hopes they get off to a good start, for everyone's sake."  Right.  Thanks for helping that here in Carolina, E.

Edited by wxray1

Don't forget the implied diss of the fans.  But whatever.  It really probably isn't.  It his him trying to look forward, and speak to the new fan base.  He uses the word "hope" over 10 times in the interview I saw.  Interesting.

He "hopes they get off to a good start, for everyone's sake."  Right.  Thanks for helping that here in Carolina, E.

My money is on he never lives out that contract.  

listening to Eric's interview today..

He uses the word "hope" over 10 times in the interview I saw.  Interesting.

Do either of you have a link to the interview? Quick search produced nothing current for me. Thanks.

So you think he will be bought out/eventually traded by Min?

He has a 20 team NTC nest season ,and a 10 team NTC the two after that.  And if plays at his current level, good luck finding a taker.

You mean, like this guy?

tumblr_mqr9pzfSrH1rtvox8o1_540.jpg

Now you understand why The Big Guy never agrees to be photographed.

My money is on he never lives out that contract.  

I think he will always be a serviceable 3rd liner.  Just couldn't be that here.