The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

FREE AGENT TALK: 2016

Get out of here with your "we Pens" talk.

6q8vup.jpg

Pens fan since 1981...Canes fan since 1997. My dream every year is 2009 ECF...that way I have a team playing for Stanley every time.

Still can't believe that my Pens won the Cup with GMJR. When he was hired this was my first thought:

http://giphy.com/gifs/fire-tires-tire-xTk9ZPSV1TLrKjONO0">via

Edited by rocheccw

If we are going to make a splash it is the best kept secret among NHL pundits and speculators. Not even a whisper of possible FA signings. Some are still speculating the Wiz buyout could be in preparation for a bigger move but nobody has even a hint of what that might be.

One interesting observation is that with some of the big dogs gone teams may be eager to sign the so called second tier FA today and not wait for the dust to settle. Will we be one of those teams? Will we surprise and make a "big" move?  I don't know.

Funny, I just posted on the tier thing. I think Brouwer will not be a tier 2 guy.

By tier two I mean guys still around after the first day or two's dust settles.

As to rumors, I do think Francis plays it practically surgically attached to the vest and is pretty tight about rumors. Watching the rumor mill over the years, there is little about us that is not put out there, or purely speculative.

Still, we are not tier one players.

Edited by remkin

Rumors I've read today:

Frans Nielson to DET

Ladd to NYI

Lucic to EDM (massive deal i'm reading that they'll live to regret)

Eriksson to VAN

Brower to CGY

Okposo is being heavily courted by Buffalo.  Nothing concrete, but reading they're offering him a significant dollar amount.  Rumors say Okposo expected to get a 7x7 deal.  Too much.

Here's a little bit of speculation that "could" involve Carolina, one reporter expects Matt Duchene AND Gabriel Landeskog to be traded today to unidentified teams.

A little further speculation on Duchene........... I read yesterday that Edmonton is attempting to trade RNH for Tyson Barrie, which would make them short a dman and an extra C.  If that trade happens, Duchene is a goner for sure.

Edited by PenaltyKiller17

Listening to XM this morning I heard zero mention of Carolina.

100% off the radar of all pundits.  No surprise there.  But will RF surprise?

I do have to chuckle at the pundits.  I mean, DET had Stamkos in the bag!   How DARE a southern team mess with the plans of an original six team.  ... Just makes me want to  :puker:

Edited by wxray1

RF better surprise us with at least one big move.  We can't go into the season with this team.  We need a legit top 6. We have a legit top 3 who sometimes slump a lot.  Cmon RF make it happen.  I can't imagine he's not working on a deal or sigining, he has to have something going on.

Absolutely agree we need one more forward, and the better the forward, the better we do.

If we get a Duchene? We are basically there. It pushes Rask to a third line that could be one of the best third lines in hockey.

The fact that Francis made a play at Drouin and now Hall tells me he is not just nibbling at the small fish.