The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

FREE AGENT TALK: 2016

Gotta think GMRF just not going to pay a lot for this muffler, will look into some kind of trade.

It's been my thinking the whole time that if RF was going to have to overpay, it would be for a couple of years on somebody's cap dump where he could get another asset in return. I'd much rather see that than to jump on these 7 year deals with pain all during the back half.

edit: Why are you guys trying to reason with BD? Let him enjoy his misery.

Edited by super_dave_1

So by my math we need 2 2nd tier guys to accommodate that. Stemp and Hudler maybe? Either way, what I am getting at is that our mediocre seasons are self inflicted. Ladd for 5.5m? Come on! Even if it is just 7 years.

One can say TT is a 2nd tier guy, replacement of Versteeg.

I can just picture Ron, sitting in his office today and doing a classic LMAO charade. Talk about a "feeding frenzy". All these GM sharks must be smelling blood in the water?

I can just picture Ron, sitting in his office today and doing a classic LMAO charade. Talk about a "feeding frenzy". All these GM sharks must be smelling blood in the water?

After all it is shark week.

There were rumors a few days ago that we were targeting Hudler.

He is a RW and still available

Ron is taking a nap. His iPhone will alarm at 2:30PM so he can clear the cobwebs in time for the annual 3PM, UFA day presser.

Must be getting a facial stretch.

David Backes to Boston

Loui Eriksson to Vancouver

Kyle Okposo to Buffalo

Andrew Ladd to Islanders

Milan Lucic to Edmonton

Edited by hopper915

Just heard Eric Staal talking about signing in Minnesota.  Hinted that Carolina wasn't surrounding him with scoring wingers to help him put up numbers.  I guess NYR didn't either.

I heard that interview as well. He said he was not going to make any excuses or blame anyone but then said Carolina's plan was not the same as his and, as you stated, he wasn't surrounded by scoring wingers. I hope he just burnt the bridge and never returns. 

Also read on the Wild message board they hope to drop him next year already...LOL!  

David Backes to Boston

Loui Eriksson to Vancouver

Kyle Okposo to Buffalo

Andrew Ladd to Islanders

Milan Lucic to Edmonton

Ladd will be a great fit for the Islanders. Would love to have gotten Eriksson but Vancover had the money. The rest are good moves as well. Still looking for the Canes to make a play!

I heard that interview as well. He said he was not going to make any excuses or blame anyone but then said Carolina's plan was not the same as his and, as you stated, he wasn't surrounded by scoring wingers. I hope he just burnt the bridge and never returns. 

Also read on the Wild message board they hope to drop him next year already...LOL!  

Yeah, E. Staal is always going to think of himself as a top-6 center, preferably 1C. Lots of minutes, lots of scoring around him....

News Release: #Sens sign forward Max McCormick to a one-year, two-way contrac

Klas Dahlbeck to ARI on a one-year, one-way deal at $750K.

Vern Fiddler heading to NJD.

Chris Stewart to MIN. Chris Stewart AAV, $1.15, not $2.3M. Total value $2.3M.

St. Louis Blues @StLouisBlues 12m12 minutes ago

Goalie Carter Hutton has signed a two-year deal

RF's comments made it pretty clear there was no love left.