The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

FREE AGENT TALK: 2016

Ron is taking a nap. His iPhone will alarm at 2:30PM so he can clear the cobwebs in time for the annual 3PM, UFA day presser.

Must be getting a facial stretch.

I dunno. A nice stretching would be good to clear the cobwebs after a nap, but a facial stretching would seem to be the guaranteed way to induce a "nap" and more mental cobwebs. ;-)

Yeah, Francis basically said he'd have to come back here in a lesser role: read third line center.

Ironically, if we get one more winger, our third line could have some nice scoring wingers on it...

Let's be honest here. This team has no star power. All the stars are gone and we have not acauired any of them via FA. I fully expected this to happen. But in terms of putting butts in the seat.... Management has failed us. Wear the rose colored glasses all you want. But we are going to be banking on Aho and TT to fill the void and that's a huge mistake guys.

Let's be honest here. This team has no star power. All the stars are gone All the stars were gone anyway because of declining skills and we have not acauired any of them via FA. I fully expected this to happen. But in terms of putting butts in the seat.... Management has failed us. Wear the rose colored glasses all you want. But we are going to be banking on Aho and TT to fill the void and that's a huge mistake guys.

Fixed that one sentence for you....

There are still other moves that can be made BD. Don't give up yet.

<sarcasm>

You don't understand! "Management" had the opportunity to pull a JR and hugely overpay for a star and didn't do it, therefore the Hurricanes are doomed, attendance will dwindle to nothing, and they'll be the Nordiques next week!

</sarcasm>

Let's be honest here. This team has no star power. All the stars are gone and we have not acauired any of them via FA. I fully expected this to happen. But in terms of putting butts in the seat.... Management has failed us. Wear the rose colored glasses all you want. But we are going to be banking on Aho and TT to fill the void and that's a huge mistake guys.

Take a breath my good man, October is still 3 months away.  Besides, I think we're pattering ourselves after FLA, who they don't have the sexy names, but have steadily improved every year the past 3 seasons.

I wouldn't mind RF taking a run at Vanek.

Stars.  Let's see.

JR got the Staal bros.  That got stale.  J. is still here, why no love for this star?

We know the sour story on E.

Semin.  A star for all of a few games.  And then, nothing but anger.

So, to Ron Francis, I say take your time.  Don't screw it like JR did.

<sarcasm>

You don't understand! "Management" had the opportunity to pull a JR and hugely overpay for a star and didn't do it, therefore the Hurricanes are doomed, attendance will dwindle to nothing, and they'll be the Nordiques next week!

</sarcasm>

Laugh all you want. I will enjoy telling you I told you so when we miss the playoffs once again. Like I said, this year was different and all of us said this year was the true year to see what RF was all about with Eric and Cam went off the books.

Its only an hour in, and RF knows we need a top 6 guy.  My guess is most of them didn't want to come to Carolina, ya know the small market team that hasn't made playoffs in 7yrs, has shaky goaltending locked down for this year, has rumors all over the place about relocation etc......We are not very attractive right now.  Best bet is a big trade and a couple second tier guys we give a little extra money to.

Why even try to reason...you hooked me again...Big signings tend to back fire, we have a young core that is due for money soon. Big signings get butts in seats short term, building teams the right way fills seats for the long term. Trust the process.