The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

FREE AGENT TALK: 2016

Not sure about this one 20 pt. guy last year. And a LW

Is this the big signing to replace Nash? Two less points than Nash. Is Ronnie at the beach?

Minnesota Wild sign center Eric Staal to a three-year contract worth $3.5 million per season

Wow, didn't expect him to take that steep of a pay cut.  Gotta hurt the ego a little, guess that was his best offer.  

Every other big name that signed today is long term and a lot of money.  And most of them are 30 or older. They will regret those last three years paying 5-7mil to guys in their mid and late 30's. 

Viktor Stalberg, from what I'm reading has abundant speed and is a top quality penalty killer. Skates fourth line but some think on a third line he would add more production.

Depth player for sure

Viktor Stalberg, from what I'm reading has abundant speed and is a top quality penalty killer. Skates fourth line but some think on a third line he would add more production.

Depth player for sure

In guess Ronnie needed something to talk about at 3pm.

Depth player for sure

CZ0bV_JUMAAhmFQ.jpg

Carolina,Seriously??

While others reach deep into their pockets we must be robbing PKs kids piggy bank to make these deals

I'm not quite understanding Stalberg for depth instead of Nash. Similar scoring stats but Nash is 3 years younger and able to play either C or RW, whereas Stalberg is a LW, our deepest position.  I wonder if RF made Nash an offer and he he turned it down hoping for more. 

edit: just saw coastal's post above.  But what about positional flexibility?

Edited by LakeLivin

I'll take Stalberg over Riley Nash all day long - large, good speed, lives at the net, and has won a Cup.  Good depth signing.

I agree with you. Good depth signing

Still haven't seen anything on Hudler or Boedker, two players I thought we had a chance of chasing. Boedker likely asking for to high a salary.

Edited by slapshot02

Hey, I'm back! Remember? I quit on the team when management quit during the "playoff run"....anywho.....looks like I'll just peak in here and look.....yep, we signed absolutely nobody significant and now everybody significant is gone! Par for the course. See you in October for the beating! 

Hey, I'm back! Remember? I quit on the team when management quit during the "playoff run"....anywho.....looks like I'll just peak in here and look.....yep, we signed absolutely nobody significant and now everybody significant is gone! Par for the course. See you in October for the beating!

Blue Devil one account per person...

I'd say it makes perfect sense if GMRF wanted more size in the lineup.  But just spitballing.

Nash vs. Stalberg

And more speed with Stalberg, which we know the Canes really value.  But then in the other direction you've got age (generally, scoring declines start in the upper 20s) and as I mentioned, positional flexibility, which I think would be pretty important for a depth guy.  

Edited by LakeLivin