The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Cam Ward writes an article for The Players Tribune

I agree.  It was a good story that exhibits the human aspect of a professional athlete.  Though we often only look at numbers and stats, these are actually real people who play this game we love to watch:  not robots like the football players on The Jetsons.

No one tell the Big Guy, but I was blubbering over here.

Takes a lot for someone to open up like that, kudos to Cam for sharing that with us.  It will help untold numbers of people.

No one tell the Big Guy, but I was blubbering over here.

Takes a lot for someone to open up like that, kudos to Cam for sharing that with us.  It will help untold numbers of people.

Sorry, I couldn't help but rat you out.  Went looking for the Big Guy and found him in a locked closet with the glow from a laptop shining under the door.  I tried to tell him about your unmanly reaction to the Ward article but he wouldn't open the door and told me to go away before he pummeled me into the shape of an oversized hockey puck.  I think I heard some sniffles coming from the closet; is it allergy season already?

Edited by LakeLivin

I agree.  It was a good story that exhibits the human aspect of a professional athlete.  Though we often only look at numbers and stats, these are actually real people who play this game we love to watch:  not robots like the football players on The Jetsons.

Kind of puts some of our whining and moaning into perspective, doesn't it? 

Through all these articles in the Tribune, specifically one by Cullen a few weeks ago it's very interesting to hear that the kids aren't all pom poms and cheering but can be very loud unfiltered (because they don't know any better) critics.

Who needs Brooksie when your son is pulling you from a fantasy game?

Sorry, I couldn't help but rat you out.  Went looking for the Big Guy and found him in a locked closet with the glow from a laptop shining under the door.  I tried to tell him about your unmanly reaction to the Ward article but he wouldn't open the door and told me to go away before he pummeled me into the shape of an oversized hockey puck.  I think I heard some sniffles coming from the closet; is it allergy season already?

You'll never be able to get the Big Guy to come out of the closet.

I thought to my self, "wxray, you won't cry over this."

But I did.

We also know that Cam's next team is the Stars.  :)

What struck me is how open Cam was. He always struck me as a quiet and private person. A couple of  things that came through to me is how much of a family man he is and that Raleigh is his home. In short, he is one of "us".

I don't want to be hypocritical since I posted after the season I thought it might be time for Ward to move on. Not because I thought  he didn't have game but to give him and us a fresh start. Now I'm glad he and his family are here.

I don't want to be hypocritical since I posted after the season I thought it might be time for Ward to move on. Not because I thought  he didn't have game but to give him and us a fresh start. Now I'm glad he and his family are 

I told my wife I was glad he got to stay.  Sometimes a bit of loyalty to a very good person is warranted.

Great story!  If I ever said or posted something ignorant about the guys play, then I openly apologize.  Shows how little is really known and I hope he has a great run this season to share with his family.

Great article!

I always got the feeling Cam is more humble and appreciated of his career in the NHL and the Hurricanes compared to a recently former Hurricanes player.