The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CrystalCoastCaniac

Black Friday

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. Thanks, I'll pass. I don't even leave the house if I don't absolutely have to on Black Friday.

Yeah, what she says!!

hahah oh i sure hope she doesnt. my brother will be here with us as well......and he has to drive back that day....yuck

Hahaha, I'll try. But actually the future little bro in law won't be there until that afternoon...I'll be back from my madness by then! I mean since I'm leaving prolly around 3 am-- I'll just stay up and start getting ready around 2 lol! Figure as tough as it will be of a morning, it's the only time I will have the motivation to get up and find stuff for Christmas gifts and decorations for the new house. :D

Hahaha, I'll try. But actually the future little bro in law won't be there until that afternoon...I'll be back from my madness by then! I mean since I'm leaving prolly around 3 am-- I'll just stay up and start getting ready around 2 lol! Figure as tough as it will be of a morning, it's the only time I will have the motivation to get up and find stuff for Christmas gifts and decorations for the new house. :D

Have Fun and be careful!

Back in 2004 I was back in NJ visiting family for Thanksgiving, and decided to take my 7yr old daughter and her 9 yr old cousing into NYC on Black Friday. We left Jersey about 7am, got into The City and parked by 8am, got in and out of the American Girl Doll Store by 9am. By then, the line was around the block. Now, here we are with the rest of day ahead of us, and we're lugging big bags around the streets of New York. Headed into Saks to ride the escalators, and look at their holiday displays. Wandered up to The Plaza to check to see if Eloise was in town, but alas, she had already flown to Paris to visit her mother. At least that's what the concierge told us. After that we took a carriage ride around Central Park. What most folks don't know is that while every one raves about "The Plaza" the horse crap all around that area really stinks. Yeah, people pay top dollar to stay there, but you have to dodge crap and put up with the odor. Walked back down to Rockefeller Center, watched the skaters. Got back to Jersey by dinner. I think I was more tired than the kids. Super day, great memories of seeing the girls have such a wonderful time. I'll never do it again.

Now, I stay home and check out sales and discounts online.

We'll be out. We goto JCPenny's first thing in the morning, and get our free snowglobe. We have since 03, so, why break the tradition? :D

I like it for the thrill of the hunt and chase. I mean, being able to push people down, kicking grandma's outta the way... j/k... sometimes.

But, with most of the ads online at like bfads.net and whatnot, I've seen most of whats on sale, and I don't NEED anything for anybody that desperately. I wanna get my wife the new Sony Walkman (the purpleish pink one) but it's not on any major sale anywhere that I know of. And I want to get her a gameboy micro, but the color I found for her is avaliable in Japan. I can purchase it, and it'll be in English and everything, but still... dunno if I trust buying a Japanese product FOR Japan that CAN play American games and in English.. they're avaliable online only as well, which makes it a little risky.

But no big discounts on laptops or anything else, so I'll just shop around at my our own pace. Have fun! And eat lots of turkey tomorrow (this way people are too tired to shop on Friday! :) )

Back in 2004 I was back in NJ visiting family for Thanksgiving, and decided to take my 7yr old daughter and her 9 yr old cousing into NYC on Black Friday. We left Jersey about 7am, got into The City and parked by 8am, got in and out of the American Girl Doll Store by 9am. By then, the line was around the block. Now, here we are with the rest of day ahead of us, and we're lugging big bags around the streets of New York. Headed into Saks to ride the escalators, and look at their holiday displays. Wandered up to The Plaza to check to see if Eloise was in town, but alas, she had already flown to Paris to visit her mother. At least that's what the concierge told us. After that we took a carriage ride around Central Park. What most folks don't know is that while every one raves about "The Plaza" the horse crap all around that area really stinks. Yeah, people pay top dollar to stay there, but you have to dodge crap and put up with the odor. Walked back down to Rockefeller Center, watched the skaters. Got back to Jersey by dinner. I think I was more tired than the kids. Super day, great memories of seeing the girls have such a wonderful time. I'll never do it again.

Now, I stay home and check out sales and discounts online.

Use to live in the Bronx, NY, and we would go shopping on Black Fridays. Sometimes, it really is awesome. Other times... not so much. But yeah, hit it dead on about the Plaza. Rockefeller Center is wonderful to skate at, especially with the huge tree there. And it's always fun to "window shop" and look at all the window displays at Macy's, etc.. but I'd never live there again. Sheesh.

anyone know of a place that will have the wii on sale? that would be the only way i'd get out of bed early and it would have to be a major sale. got to save my energy for all the cheering i'll be doing that night.

I will be in line at BB around midnight tomorrow.

It will be an all out shopping day since I'll hit the

rest of the stores. In and out of BB by 5 at the latest.

Then I'll be on to Kohl's, Staples, JC Penney, Old Navy, etc.

Everything with the good sales/free giveaways.

Christmas shopping will be done. ;)

After just moving it is also a good time to buy Christmas

decorations, lamps, wall hangings, and furniture.

yeah we just moved too....where did you move from and to?

I moved from a dorm into a house. My girl also moved in with me. :o

Together we do not have enough furniture to fill a house.

BF shopping will fill some of that void.

edit: Forgot to add that I moved from within the Raleigh area