The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CrystalCoastCaniac

Black Friday

I moved from a dorm into a house. My girl also moved in with me. :o

Together we do not have enough furniture to fill a house.

BF shopping will fill some of that void.

edit: Forgot to add that I moved from within the Raleigh area

oh i see.....sounds like our situation. we were both living in the same town but not together, but might as well have been, and now we are saving money by living together. good luck with it!

Black Friday is known as "Buy Nothing Day" for me and the rest of the anti-conformists.

So you are conforming to the 'non-conformist' I see ;)

I would prob go shopping just to get out for a bit, but I'm working so doubt it will happen. not getting much this season anyways :P

anyone know of a place that will have the wii on sale? that would be the only way i'd get out of bed early and it would have to be a major sale. got to save my energy for all the cheering i'll be doing that night.

Your best bet is to do what me and my wife did, call gamestop/eb games every day and ask if they got any wiis in or if they expect a delivery in today. The shipments on wiis are so random that its anyones guess when they will get them in and how many. If you call early and they have one they will hold it for you ( or at least they did for us.) You will not find one on the shelves otherwise.

NO WAY!! I avoid shopping MAULS (not mispelled) like the clap the day after Thanksgiving.

It's like "I can lay in a nice warm bed snuggled up with my wife, or I can stand out in sub-freezing temperatures with a hundred or so other people, any of whom would try and beat the hell out of me if I tried to get something they wanted" ... Ummm. I choose option A, stay in bed!

anyone know of a place that will have the wii on sale? that would be the only way i'd get out of bed early and it would have to be a major sale. got to save my energy for all the cheering i'll be doing that night.

Hah, good luck getting a Wii! They're pretty much impossible to find now. Like somebody else said, call around a bunch of places every day to find out if they have them in. Some places may hold one for you for a specific amount of time, but I believe a lot of places won't hold them. And yeah, it's really random as for when they come in... my boyfriend has a friend that works at Best Buy and she said they don't find out when they're getting them until they actually come in, but that they would for sure have them in for the day after Thanksgiving...but unless you're in line hours before they open, chances are you won't be able to find one. I got mine over the summer at Circuit City...just happened to call to see if they had any right after they got a new load in. As far as sales go, I personally haven't seen them advertised for less than $250 anywhere (and really, the stores don't have any reason to discount them considering the demand is so high). But good luck, I hope you can get lucky and find one somewhere!

So I was all set and up at 3 am -- and realized that I left my car keys behind last night at Thanksgiving dinner! Irhghgh, up early for nothing LoL -- and stuck in the house! Probably better for my sanity in the end though. We got 2 kittens yesterday at my grandmother's, and went to Walmart to get stuff for them last night, and at 830 there were people already camping outside Best Buy. Amazing!

So I woke up at 6:15 and went to Staples (they opened at 6am) and I arrived to Staples around 6:45. I got the last Sony Cyber-Shot camera they had for $99! I was surprised it was even still there since I wasn't there when the doors opened. I was in and out in about 30 minutes which wasn't bad at all for them being as jamed pack as they were. I also went to circuit city's website and ordered seaons 1-8 of the show King of Queens for $12.99 apiece! No line and it was free shipping! Beats the line and the hastle for sure! How's everyone else do? Anyone get trampled at Wal-Mart like last year? :lol:

Went to bed at 8:30 last night, got up at 1:30, left at 2 am, deposited some checks, let a friends dogs out, went to the Gulfcoast town center... got there around 3, got into JC Pennys at 4, spent about 300 there, with a great christmas tree I'll explain later... went to Linens and Things, then Target and got the luggage set for 50 bucks along with towels galore... then best buy for the mp3 players, memory cards for phones/cameras, and DVD spindles for my movies :P Left there, saw my mom at walmart... went to Old Time Pottery where my wife picked up some things <_<.. checked out guitar center, listed what I wanted for Christmas :P and then headed back home and arrived home at 9:08. Not bad timing I think. :)

Edit: This was started Friday, and I kept working my way to it as I kept getting distracted from the office. Haven't used the office desktop in a while so, heh.

Well here is my update on my wii. we got very lucky this year. the wii was all my 11 year old son has asked for. my husband got in line at 6:30 at the gamestop in wilson (they opened at 7:00) and they sold out with only 7 people in front of him. I got up and went to the canes practice that morning with my daughter and while we were in raleigh I decided just to ask around a few places with no luck. i went into one store and i thought they would never have it but decided to test my luck anyway. the guy told me no but as we were leaving the store he chased us down and said " ma'am if you can step back into the store for a minute I may be able to get you one" he told me that they had 2 that were put on hold the first of the month and hadn't heard anything from them so he said he was going to check to see if the order had been cancelled. He brought us to a back room for employees only and rang me up in there. he had me stay there while he went and got a bag from a nearby register. this was around 1:00 that day so we were extremely lucky. this was at the sears in at triangle town.

Very very fortunate. Were you nervous walking around with the Wii?? My wife wants one, as do I. But we're like... we can wait. Next semester when we get our financial aid, we might pick one up (less of a hassle to get them AFTER Xmas as well, as well as maybe a DS. We're playing my sisters DS now, and she's really hooked to Mario 64. It's pretty cool right now. She's comfortable with the characters and knows about them, etc etc... she prefers left to right games :P, but hey, whatever floats her boat. I'm about to check on cyber monday and see whats available.

Very very fortunate. Were you nervous walking around with the Wii?? My wife wants one, as do I. But we're like... we can wait. Next semester when we get our financial aid, we might pick one up (less of a hassle to get them AFTER Xmas as well, as well as maybe a DS. We're playing my sisters DS now, and she's really hooked to Mario 64. It's pretty cool right now. She's comfortable with the characters and knows about them, etc etc... she prefers left to right games :P , but hey, whatever floats her boat. I'm about to check on cyber monday and see whats available.

I was a little nervous but he double bagged it and we went straight to the car with it and put it in the trunk.

I was a little nervous but he double bagged it and we went straight to the car with it and put it in the trunk.

LOL. I bet... I'd be guarding that thing as well, locking it well in the car.