The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Coach Peters signed to contract extension through 18/19

I'll give you guys the fact that Muller most likely was hamstrung by a GM, but, I never looked at Muller and crew behind the bench and was reassured by the coaching staff. That was awful hockey to watch. When something bad happened on the ice, Muller always looked confused...or whatever that emotion was that always looked the same.

I know Peters is coaching the World Cup Team Canada, but never see him behind the bench. Must feel left out.

Nah, he's in the locker room, filling up the water bottles with pure Kinetico water

I wonder how much the World Cup will add to Peters reputation?  It can't hurt, but I've got to believe the lion's share of the credit goes to Babcock.  I'm thinking maybe the most benefit comes from upping his cred with the players on the team.  Hopefully that pays some dividends down the road to compensate us for losing him during the first part of camp/ exhibition games.

I have to think Peters went because Babs asked him. Peters earned respect from players on a broad basis thanks to the IIHF. He didn't need this, but Babs wanted him. Why I don't know; Canada set this up to guarantee them the championship. For enough bananas, this guy would do the same job:

photo.jpg 

Edited by top-shelf-1