The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Signon problem and update password request

This might be a work around for those of you that can't sign-on the message board.

Apparently nhl.com is updating passwords and it is causing a problem for some. This is what happened to me.

I couldn't sign-on this morning from the Hurricane message board page.

I went to nhl.com website, clicked the people icon (upper right next to the magnifying glass search icon) entered my email address, it asked me to update password, I did and when I went back to the Hurricane web-site I was signed in.

It might be possible to do this from the main Hurricane page sign-on as well but I'm not sure.

I have since signed out and signed back on the Hurricane web-site using my screen name.

I can't be sure this work around will work for everyone but it worked for me.

Tech believes the sign-on problem has been fixed. I will leave the work around up just in case.

I got an email yesterday saying nhl was updating pass words.  I'll just leave the work around up so those that aren't automatically directed to the email update page can change their password.

Thanks for letting me know. 

If you were like me, you ran into this in the past 2 days.  Use the workaround, i.e. reset/change your password to get access again.

Some are still having problems updating their passwords when asked or unable to sign-on. I have sent the latest problems to tech support.

For many the work around is still working. I think it is important if you can't sign-on that you first sign-out of the hurricane message board and main page. Then go to nhl.com here

clicked the people icon (upper right next to the magnifying glass search icon, circled on image )

a5f0043f-20d1-462e-9f4d-84546f16146f_zps

enter your email address that is associated with your account,  update password if asked

Go to Hurricanes web site, refresh page, you should be signed in. If not sign in with the new password you entered at nhl.com.

Tech has been notified we still have sign-on and password update problems.

It appears you can now sign-on at nhl.com with your user name and password. If that doesn't work use your email address.

The key,for now seems to be to make the update or change at nhl.com website

And I've just received spam email from nhl.com.

Not to hard to figure out the motives here.

I don't know if it will help but if you go to nhl.com, sign-in and click on edit profile there is a category for email subscriptions, if any are checked, uncheck the ones you don't want and save.

I'm shooting in the dark here since I haven't received any spam from nhl but it might be worth a try.

I have sent a new request for help in fixing this problem. I know its frustrating for all of us.

It appears the latest sign-on problem has been corrected.  For those who couldn't sign -on the message board after changing thier password. You should now be able to sign-on directly to the Hurricane Message Board.

If anyone is experiencing additional sign-on problems please post here.

I had to do the work around this morning, but it may be because I hadn't signed into the Canes' boards in a couple of months.

At least you could sign-on. Please let me know if you have any more trouble. I think once you update your password on the NHL web-site you should be able to sign-on the Canes board without problems. I think!