The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Charlotte Checkers 2016/17 talk

Road woes continue.....

Checkers Haunted by Former Players in Ontario ByPaul Branecky

Former Checkers came back to haunt current Checkers as Charlotte’s road winless streak hit seven games following a 3-2 loss in Ontario.

T.J. Hensick opened the scoring and former captain Brett Sutter scored the winning goal with just 33 seconds left in regulation as Charlotte fell to 0-3-0 on the first half of its six-game journey through California.

Checkers Defeat Manitoba to Halt Winless Skid

Making his return to game action after missing the last seven contests to injury, Fleury was a force for Charlotte.

“I was excited,” said Fleury. “Not playing, sitting around by myself and not being with the boys – I was excited. I hadn’t seen most of them until this morning. I thought I had a little bit of an extra jump tonight and I got two lucky bounces.”

Checkers Recall Josh Wesley

Wesley, a 20-year-old rookie, has one goal in six AHL games with Charlotte and seven points (2g, 5a) in 10 games with the Everblades. He recently had a career-high, three-point outing (1g, 2a) in a Dec. 16 game against Atlanta.

Monsters Send Checkers To Holiday Break On Down Note  by Nicholas Niedzielski

The Checkers were able to mount a rally late in Cleveland, but they’ll still head into the holiday break on a down note, falling 3-2 to the Monsters.
Michael Leighton, assigned to Charlotte yesterday as Eddie Lack was cleared for action for Carolina, made his return to the crease for Charlotte and made 25 saves, but moved to 1-2-2 in his last five appearances for the Checkers.

Change in goal

Checkers Swap Alex Nedeljkovic For Daniel Altshuller - by Nicholas Niedzielski

The Checkers have made a swap in net heading into their return from the holiday break, recalling Daniel Altshuller from the ECHL’s Florida Everblades and assigning Alex Nedeljkovic there.

The 22-year-old Altshuller spent the majority of his sophomore campaign with the Checkers last season, including beginning his AHL career with a 9-1-1 streak. He has looked strong between the pipes for the Everblades this year,

Nedeljkovic joins the Everblades for the first time this season after spending all of his rookie campaign thus far with the Checkers. The first-year pro has had a bit of a bumpy start to the year, holding a 3-12-0 record and a 3.44 goals-against average.

Altshuller Freezes Out Griffins For 2-1 Win  by Nicholas Niedzielsk

Mired in a road slump and visiting the perennially powerful Griffins, the Checkers rose to the occasion, taking out the Western Conference leaders in a hard-fought 2-1 victory.

Chicago Tops Checkers by 5-2 Score by Paul Branecky

The Checkers lost in Chicago for the second time in five days Saturday, this time falling to the Wolves by a 5-2 score.

Neds back in Charlotte - Nedeljkovic Returns

Fully recovered from injury, Alex Nedeljkovic is headed back to Charlotte.

The rookie netminder has been recalled from the ECHL’s Florida Everblades, while C.J. Motte has been released from his PTO.

22 hours ago, remkin said:

How did Nedel do in Florida?

He did ok

Nedeljkovic, sent to Florida on Dec. 28, played three games in three nights for the Everblades, starting two and entering the third in relief. He picked up the win in both of his starts, making 30 and 39 saves, respectively

16 minutes ago, remkin said:

Thanks OBXer. Hopefully he starts finding his game. Supposedly has a lot of talent.

We should keep in mind how young he is and he has been hurt. Goalies also seem to have an on-off switch and nobody can tell why it can all of a sudden be turned back on

Ned does Good