The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Charlotte Checkers 2016/17 talk

4 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

If you read the article it almost sounds like Patrick Dwyer is the coach. They quoted him about the game a lot more than they quoted Ulf.    

Dwyer the old kid on the block

The Checkers’ jam-packed home stand continues this weekend as they welcome the Pacific Division power Tucson Roadrunners to town for the first time ever. As they move into the second half of the AHL schedule, every game is now key to the Checkers pulling themselves back into the playoff hunt.

The most interesting part is that the Chex pulled Leighton with 5 min remaining, down 2 goals.  Scored with 3 min left and again with 20 sec left to get the loser point.  That, and Tolchinsky got a game misconduct for a secondary altercation after Patrick Brown got boarded.  Having a hard time picturing the Smurf in a fight. :huh:  But good on him for sticking up for a teammate.

Edited by LakeLivin

1 hour ago, LakeLivin said:

Tolchinsky got a game misconduct for a secondary altercation after Patrick Brown got boarded.  Having a hard time picturing the Smurf in a fight. :huh:  But good on him for sticking up for a teammate.

Ditto, though calling it a fight was a bit of a stretch

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Must say,that I am a little disappointed that Ulf has not been a little more successful with this team. Anyone share this feeling or am I off key? 

Of course it is disappointing but I remind myself that he lost his top line to us early on Ryan,McGinn and for a time DiGI. His top goalie is riding our bench and there have been injuries.  

• Like 1

Goalie development is as weird and unpredictable as goalies themselves tend to be. From the Checker's website:

Since returning from an ECHL stint, Nedeljkovic is 3-0-0 with a 1.95 goals-against average and .938 save percentage. He also stopped all 17 shots he faced in his first 30 minutes of NHL action earlier this week …

What I desperately want to know is how Fleury is progressing. If we are thinking of trading Hanifin, we will need Fleury to be ready sooner than later. Anyone know?

Statistically pretty good, 10 points, 3G in 32 games and plus 2 is near the top of the team.

Edited by remkin

redzone I'm a long way from Charlotte so I'm not sure how he pairs up night to night. From what I read he is having a decent year and some think he might be the most "complete" D-man in Charlotte. We appear to have some really good D prospects on the Chex. I would like to see and expect we might see Fleury later this season on the big team ice. I'm sure a lot will depend on where we are in the standings.

It would be nice if we had a Charlotte Checkers fan who goes to the games post from time to time