The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Florida Everblades 2016/17 talk

tell me the ECHL isn't a shooters league...

McCarron’s Four Goals Lifts ‘Blades To 8-6 Win Over Orlando

It was a wild game but the Florida Everblades got back in the win column with a big home win against their instate rivals. The winning goalie was Anthony Peters making 26 saves against 32 shots faced. Florida now takes four points to two points lead over Orlando in the Wawa Sunshine Cup Series.

Thanks for posting all of these, OBX.  I know they're not getting responses but i always look at them.

My parents live in Naples and up until this year had season tickets to the Everblades.  Stopped this year because they said they can't take the cold in the arena anymore.  My father passed down his CCM white Everblades jersey last time they came down - it's pretty badass.  Now they just watch the Canes on Center Ice.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 0:11 PM, realmdrakkar said:

Thanks for posting all of these, OBX.  I know they're not getting responses but i always look at them.

My parents live in Naples and up until this year had season tickets to the Everblades.  Stopped this year because they said they can't take the cold in the arena anymore.  My father passed down his CCM white Everblades jersey last time they came down - it's pretty badass.  Now they just watch the Canes on Center Ice.

ECHL sweaters are so cool. I'm envious that you have one.  I like reading about our minor league teams and happy you enjoy it as well.  It's easier figuring out the Blades now that we are their only affiliate. When they were teamed with us and Florida I was always searching for what team their player belonged to. It's a pretty big leap from the ECHL to the big club but there are always a few players that have a legit shot.

6 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Speaking of ECHL sweaters, either those things hurt my eyes or i desperately want one...

Yeah, wow. Was it bad sweater night?

KBP_2770-2-300x200.jpgBlades Fall to Jackals

Brendan O’Donnell gave the crowd of over 7,200 what they came for and scored the goal that ignited the IBERIABANK Teddy Bear Toss. 

O’Donnell’s team best 11th goal of the season ignited a wild celebration of over 7.000 teddy bears and stuffed animals raining down on the ice.  All of the plush toys will be donated to local children’s across Southwest Florida for the holiday season.

• Like 1

Harris Nets Overtime Winner in Wild 8-7 Victory Over Atlanta

Brant Harris scored at 3:00 into overtime to lift the Florida Everblades (16-4-1-2) to a wild 8-7 victory over the Atlanta Gladiators (10-13-3-1) Friday night at Germain Arena.

Patterson Stymies ‘Blades with 41-Save Performance

With the loss, and an overtime loss by Orlando on Saturday, the ‘Blades and Solar Bears now share a lead in the South Division, which sets up a showcase matchup between the two teams on Wednesday (Dec. 21) at Germain Arena. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.  Promotional details listed below.

Massa’s 57 Saves Stonewalls Everblades in 4-2 Loss by Robert Molnar

Ryan Massa was absolutely stellar in goal for the Solar Bears, earning the victory after stopping 57 of 59-shots he faced. Anthony Peters played extremely well in net for the Everblades but suffers the loss, allowing three goals on 37-shots.  The Everblades fell two shots shy of matching a club record for most shots in a game at 61, which occurred back on January 13, 2009 in a game against the Charlotte Checkers.

O’Donnell’s Late Goals Propel ‘Blades to 3-1 Win - by Robert Molnar

Brendan O’Donnell scored twice in the final two-minutes of the game to lead the Florida Everblades (18-6-1-2, 39 pts) to a 3-1 victory over the Orlando Solar Bears (17-10-3-0, 37 pts) Tuesday night at the Amway Center. Following the result, the Everblades now lead Orlando eight points to four in the battle for the Wawa Sunshine Cup. Thanks to the win, Florida also regained sole possession of first place in the South Division.

The Everblades now head north to take on the Atlanta Gladiators on Thursday night at the Infinite Energy Arena.

Catching up with the Blades

Four-Goal First Period Lifts Florida to 5-2 Victory by Robert Molnar

Mike Ferrantino scored twice and added an assist to help lead the Florida Everblades (19-6-1-2, 41 pts) to a 5-2 victory over the Atlanta Gladiators (12-14-4-1, 29 pts) Thursday night at the Infinite Energy Arena.

Nedeljkovic Makes 39 Saves & Scores Goal in 5-3 Win by Robert Molnar

Within seconds of the game’s beginning, the physicality from both sides was clearly on display. With two fights inside the first five minutes of action, it became clear that this contest was going to be extremely hard fought.

Other Blades stuff

Everblades Trade Goaltender Matt Skoff to Colorado

Mike Aviani Returns from AHL Rochester

Stingrays Power Past Everblades with 5-1 Win

Parker Milner stopped 26 of 27 shots to lead the South Carolina Stingrays to a 5-1 victory over the Florida Everblades at the North Charleston Coliseum Saturday evening. Despite the loss, the Everblades close out the four-game road trip collecting six of a possible eight points and maintain a four-point lead for the top spot in the division.

McCarron Named to 2017 CCM/ECHL All-Star Team Roster

McCarron earns a spot on the ECHL All-Stars roster having registered 29 points (12g,17a) in 28 games this season.  McCarron recorded a career high four goals on December 3 against the Orlando Solar Bears

More than 60 players from the ECHL All-Star Game have gone on to play in the National Hockey League, including 48 since 2002

The game will air LIVE exclusively on NHL Network on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017, at 8 p.m. ET from the Glens Falls Civic Center in Glens Falls, N.Y.

Weekend update

Everblades Hold Off Monarchs for 3-1 Victory

Anthony Peters turned aside 19 of 20 shots faced to help guide the Florida Everblades (22-8-1-2, 47pts) to a 3-1 victory over the Manchester Monarchs (21-9-1-2, 45 pts) Friday night at Germain Arena.

Everblades Close Week with 3-2 Victory Over Monarchs

The Florida Everblades received third period tallies from Michael Ferrantino and Brant Harris to slip past the Manchester Monarchs by a score of 3-2 Saturday night at Germain Arena.

Game Highlights

7 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I never heard of most of these guys and probably the AHL won't either.

You just never know

ECHL has 76 former players

The ECHL has 76 players on National Hockey League opening-day rosters, marking the 15th season in a row with more than 50 former ECHL players on opening-day rosters.

There are 36 coaches with an ECHL background working behind the benches of teams in the NHL

There are 32 former ECHL officials scheduled to work as part of the NHL officiating team in 2016-17

The ECHL has had 407 players reach the NHL since 2002-03 when it changed its focus to become the primary developmental league for the NHL and the AHL.

20 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Okay, let us know. :D

:facepalm2: I will do my best.  Most of the players on the Blades if any won't see the Canes ice, a few will see Chex ice. I would think Ned has the best chance. Washington has had pretty good luck with dev.  ECHL players Iike  Holtby. Others too, Nesty is a ECHL alum for us. But your point that most will never make it is valid.

I do find the ECHL entertaining and every once in a while you can spot a player with talent and a good shot at the bigs.  For instance back in the day Olaf Kölzig  skated for Norfolk. I remember watching him in Norfolk and you could immediately see  he had a great shot at moving into the NHL. I'm not trying to win an argument here since I think we both have valid observations but more a chance to reflect on how much better the ECHL would be if they got rid of that 20 year old age rule.

Still since Florida bowed out and left us as the lone affiliate many of these players belong to us and I enjoy watching their progress or lack of depending on the player. I do think we could better use the ECHl for player development but stacking one cupboard at a time is probable the prudent route.

I grew up attending ECHL games - a.k.a. Friday night fights.

Anyways, didn't want to come off as unappreciative of all your ECHL updates - thanks much!!

Edited by coastal_caniac

Make That Five

‘Blades Edge Stingrays 2-1 to Win Fifth Straight Game

Anthony Peters turned aside 26 of 27 shots faced to help pace the Florida Everblades (25-8-1-2, 53 pts) to a 2-1 victory over the South Carolina Stingrays

In the final stanza, Peters again took control and turned aside all 11 shots faced in the period

Peters earns his 16th win of the season