The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Traverse City; NHL Prospects Tournament

I've seen every game from stem to stern so far, and our guys have just killed it. They are on opposing players the minute they get the puck, and they are supporting the puck constantly when we've got possession. It's been great to watch. 

Unrelated, does anybody know if the board text is going to remain center-justified? Count me as a vote against it. 

Top, I've also seen every minute and you are spot on and I'm seeing the same - no gaps allowed - our guys are challenging every puck.  I like it from the perspective that the prospects are learning what is expected of them as far as the type of playing style our organization expects.

Unrelated, does anybody know if the board text is going to remain center-justified? Count me as a vote against it. 

I hope not.  Reading Rem's posts this way will result in seizures.

We're discussing this in the "Website Changes" thread.  No worries, it is not loved by anyone, and probably not intentional.  Stand by, the brass say the change is "fluid".

Reading Rem's posts this way will result in seizures.

:twilight-zone:  :twilight-zone:  :twilight-zone:

Now they really will!!!

The only negative I've seen from our guys really is some pretty brutal dzone turnovers, but these guys haven't really been playing together, so that's expected. And for every one of those there has been three times as many examples of sweet passing in all zones.

Gauthier's scored 2 straight goals, both by bullrushing the net.  Carolina's up 5-1.

You beat me to it PK! Both were nice, but the pass he took on the first (from Roy, I think) is what made that play. The second was all him, and it was gorgeous.

The Canes prospects seem to have so much more team speed than anyone we have played, including tonight.

I agree. They looked a little wiped there until their third goal; Detroit was having a nice period. But that's really the only prolonged lapse I've seen the whole tournament. Every Cane skating in this thing looks really good. Even Lorentz, who skates like Herman Munster--but he gets it done.

Edited by top-shelf-1

Awesome, so all the talk around the NHL and around Carolina is proven to be true in this tourney, we got a "special' young core developing which will make us a playoff team for years to come. hopefully sooner than later!