The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

World Cup.....of hockey

Since he's there and it's not changing I'm somewhat glad he's not home yet. I mean can you imagine how much he'd be questioned if he lost with that team?

Oh well... hope he get's it outta his system we've got cups for him to win. 

4 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Since he's there and it's not changing I'm somewhat glad he's not home yet. I mean can you imagine how much he'd be questioned if he lost with that team?

Oh well... hope he get's it outta his system we've got cups for him to win. 

Nah, it would be all on Babcock.  Still hoping for a Team Europe 2 game sweep to get him here a couple of days earlier.  Of course I'd be shocked if that did happen.

Edited by LakeLivin

47 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

With about 3 injuries to key players thus far I think the entire NHL wants this thing over with.

Yes, and not minor injuries either!

1 hour ago, remkin said:

So at this point we need to get Canada to wrap this thing up, play O' Canada, and get our coach back here.

Yes.  I guess the focus right now is on the youngsters in our depth leagues.  Let's get BP back here by the first cut.

(Also testing to see if multiquote works.  Looks like it does!)

Has the formal training camp always been this short before preseason games began? Only 3 days between first day of camp and 1st preseason game seems crazy short to me.

Edited by LakeLivin

15 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

...and just like that, we get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Free Pastor Bill

No kidding. All Hail Hockey Canada, 2016 champion--of both the real and fake international tournaments.

Now, let's get down to business.

45 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Has the formal training camp always been this short before preseason games began? Only 3 days between first day of camp and 1st preseason game seems crazy short to me.

Yes.  This has happened before.  And then there was the infamous year where JR thought the guys didn't need much preseason, and only had 3 games.  I think that was '07, but not sure.

Hope BP is on the bench tonight.

Edited by wxray1

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

...there was the infamous year where JR thought the guys didn't need much preseason, and only had 3 games.  I think that was '07, but not sure.

Probably so, Cup hangover and all. That didn't work!

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Yes.  This has happened before.  And then there was the infamous year where JR thought the guys didn't need much preseason, and only had 3 games.  I think that was '07, but not sure.

Hope BP is on the bench tonight.

Looks unlikely, though he'll be in the building. From Smith's latest write-up:

[Peters] could be back in Raleigh in time for Friday's preseason tilt against Tampa Bay.

But don't expect him behind the bench just yet.

"I think he said he wanted to watch it from above the first time just to get a handle on the group," Smith explained.

It's probably good for him to get that birds-eye perspective occasionally. I wonder why coaches don't do that more often. Or maybe they do. But not that I've heard of. Stand way back and watch the thing run. I like it.

Peters said he picked up some good things from the other coaches during this run that he'd use for the Canes, so maybe we end up with a net positive after all.

33 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Peters said he picked up some good things from the other coaches during this run that he'd use for the Canes, so maybe we end up with a net positive after all.

Babcock and Quenneville are two of, if not THE two best coaches in the game, then add Julien and Trotz. Peters is a very smart guy, he had to pick up a ton of good stuff. Plus, it gives him just that little bit more gravitas with the boys. I'm glad he went.

Edited by remkin