The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Pre Season and Training Camp 2016

2 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

The 14th forward may be McClemment based on what I have seen.

Oh, he'll be with the Hurricanes. Maybe as a healthy scratch.... ;)

I just listened to a podcast where Burnside was picking the Metro.  He acknowledged that picking the Canes 3rd is a bit of a flyer, but he sees numbers 3 through 8 as being extremely close and put the Canes in the 3rd spot based mostly on how they played after December last year. They were dead last in the NHL at one point but then played well enough to challenge for a wild card spot until fairly late in the season.  He's thinking they'll be even better than where they left off.    The other 2 analysts on the podcast think the Canes will be improved but not quite to that extent.

Edited by LakeLivin

5 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I just listened to a podcast where Burnside was picking the Metro.  He acknowledged that picking the Canes 3rd is a bit of a flyer, but he sees numbers 3 through 8 as being extremely close and put the Canes in the 3rd spot based mostly on how they played after December last year. They were dead last in the NHL at one point but then played well enough to challenge for a wild card spot until fairly late in the season.  He's thinking they'll be even better than where they left off.    

We can only hope that they'll be even better than where they left off. If they're as good as where they left off at the end of last season, it'll be a positive start for the team.

Looking forward to seeing some live hockey tonight, and it's great its on TV as well so everyone can get a better look as we make the final cuts.  Good to hear PBP likes the Linds and Finns together!

Lots of tickets sold for this game I hope it's a nice crowd despite the weather.  After having to leave a work meeting in FLA and now facing 5-9 inches of rain (my house just got 15" in the last storm just over a week ago) we decided to "evacuate" and head to Raleigh for the weekend.

Go Canes.

1 hour ago, JonKerfoot said:

If Murphy's going to be out for three to four weeks, put him on IR (NHL IR is at least seven days) and keep both Fleury and McKeown for that time....

That is an idea or maybe either Ryan or McGinn get to hang for awhile

28 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

for non cable people.   Anyone know if there will be a stream tonight or availability on sling tv?

Yes! We'll have John & Tripp calling the game on our website's stream in addition to the broadcast.

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Awesome. I hope they've ironed out the kinks.

Will see. I'm not overly confident

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

x2, I'll be counting on Chuck.

Yeah, I'm "stuck with Chuck," too.

Hm. Maybe a marketing ploy for the radio broadcasts - give people who have questions answered in "Kaiton's Corner" a bumper sticker or a button that reads "I Stuck With Chuck!" :lol:

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Will see. I'm not overly confident

So far, pretty bad. Vid freezes and eventually goes black on full screen after about 2 mins. Reduced it to normal size and that seemed to help with the video feed, but the audio also went in the toilet (I mean that literally. It sounds like someone is drowning in my toilet.) and hasn't come back. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, LakeLivin said:

TB cut Wiz, so he's now available. :P

Maybe we'll pick him up, but nah, we had our chance last year.

On another front, reading the above, I feel guilty because I'm getting a beautiful Directv picture of game. 

I have Uverse, so no NHL network.  Started watching the stream, and it lasted for 1 minute before it went to ----.

Chuck sounds hoarse.  He's off to a bad start this season with a UBI.

Murphy hurt.  Faulk out of the game with unknown injury.  Hopefully "an abundance of caution" and nothing serious.  McClement needed dental work after he got a stick in the mouth.

Here we go.  Come on guys, please try to stay healthy!

Edited by wxray1