The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Anything Free Isn't Worth It

While I was at work yesterday my wife and a friend went yard sale surfing. Something I have never embraced or enjoyed but I'll save that for another time.

While browsing the cast off items lining the tables she noticed a bobble-head. Now this wasn't just any bobble - head, it was a bobble-head sporting a Canes sweater. She told the weekend entrepreneur that her husband (me) was a Canes fan and that he (me) spent way too much time watching hockey.

This want to be lets make a deal fellow couldn't pass up the opportunity to unload this piece of Canes memorabilia on the naive hockey widow that stood in front of him. He said a Canes fan like that (me) deserves to have it and he said, I won't charge you a thing.

I'm sure most of you are already ahead of me but to conclude. This morning I woke up and as I often do turned on the computer to check e-mails, facebook and the Canes web-site. In the corner of my eye on my desk a rather absurd grinning figure stared up at me. You got it, number 28 our beloved Alexander Semin.

As I pondered this abstract figure I couldn't help but thinking it was smiling at me to rub in the fact he stole millions from us. His head would bobble in a slow nod (face it Sasha only does things at half speed) as if to say yes sir I took you guys for a ride.

Somewhere on the Outer Banks their is a Canes fan smiling as broadly as this figurine and thinking I finally unloaded that pariah and unlike RF I didn't have to pay anybody to take him.

While I was at work yesterday my wife and a friend went yard sale surfing. Something I have never embraced or enjoyed but I'll save that for another time.

While browsing the cast off items lining the tables she noticed a bobble-head. Now this wasn't just any bobble - head, it was a bobble-head sporting a Canes sweater. She told the weekend entrepreneur that her husband (me) was a Canes fan and that he (me) spent way too much time watching hockey.

This want to be lets make a deal fellow couldn't pass up the opportunity to unload this piece of Canes memorabilia on the naive hockey widow that stood in front of him. He said a Canes fan like that (me) deserves to have it and he said, I won't charge you a thing.

I'm sure most of you are already ahead of me but to conclude. This morning I woke up and as I often do turned on the computer to check e-mails, facebook and the Canes web-site. In the corner of my eye on my desk a rather absurd grinning figure stared up at me. You got it, number 28 our beloved Alexander Semin.

As I pondered this abstract figure I couldn't help but thinking it was smiling at me to rub in the fact he stole millions from us. His head would bobble in a slow nod (face it Sasha only does things at half speed) as if to say yes sir I took you guys for a ride.

Somewhere on the Outer Banks their is a Canes fan smiling as broadly as this figurine and thinking I finally unloaded that pariah and unlike RF I didn't have to pay anybody to take him.

My condolences. It needs to be destroyed prior to opening night. Burn in the fire pit.... whatever. The demon needs to be exorcised.

My condolences. It needs to be destroyed prior to opening night. Burn in the fire pit.... whatever. The demon needs to be exorcised.

Maybe I should drop it off or mail it to the Russian embassy. Putin it in the mail might be a federal offense.

Did you set your wife straight or did you say thanks honey?

I said, thanks for thinking of me.

she said, now which one is he?

I said, perhaps the most hated player in Canes history.

She laughed and said, Oops!

Maybe I should drop it off or mail it to the Russian embassy. Putin it in the mail might be a federal offense.

Did you say Putin it in the mail? As in Vladamir? Maybe the whole thing was a Russian KGB conspiracy.

That is a funny story OBXer. I laughed, but then the tears came. They were not tears of joy.

I guess it would have been worse if she had to pay for it though...

Edited by remkin

I won one in a Secret Santa.  I traded it for a toque.