• Announcements

• OBXer

Use email address to sign-on   11/17/2016

If your email doesn't work for sign-on use contact us link at the bottom of the page to send us a message
coastal_caniac

Website Changes

332 posts in this topic

So I log on this morning and everything looks a little different.  Now you only have one option for getting back to the main board after drilling down - go to Fan Zone and choose Message Board.

What's up with that?

This caught me by surprise. A while back Michael Smith referenced web site changes in one of his columns. I guess this is it.

To sign-on I had to click on Sections on the left of the web site and then click on Fan Zone  on the pull down menu where I found the message board link. 

If it ain't broke...fix it anyway

It appears all the links aren't added or working yet. I think until the redesign is finished it will be difficult for some to find their way to the message board.

My bookmarks work so that is a plus

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Love Canes wins.  But your post makes me need another drink,,,

Edited by realmdrakkar

Our screen names are gone too. They are now in the bar at the top of the post. This is going to take a little time to adjust to.

Changed font and size. Changed to justify left. I wonder if this will help the problem  test test test

NOPE

We in IT have a technical word for what happened to this board:  "hosed".  It is hosed!

No decent links from the main page is bad.  There is one, but hard to find.  Our participation is bad to begin with, now this?

And the formatting is all hosed, the name gone, etc.  Just reiterating what I saw above.  The title "301 Moved Permanently" is a nice touch of HTTP garbage too.

Edited by wxray1

Someone once told me I needed to be more centered in my life. I can now tell them I tried that and it STINKS

I hope this will be worked out soon and we get some information on what else to expect. I have sent an inquiry asking just that.

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes 2h2 hours ago

Transition to the new site remains a fluid process. Still more to come over the next few weeks.

Welcome to the New CarolinaHurricanes.com

by Michael Smith

Essentially it's much of the same site you're used to, just updated, responsive and better!

All that said, this is a fluid transition, so please be patient with us as everything migrates over to the new site. If you see anything broken or have a feature request, let us know! You can drop a comment below, email me at webmaster@carolinahurricanes.com or find me on Twitter at @MSmithCanes.

If I was still back in my Technology position I would of gotten a Donald Trump for this roll out. YOUR FIRED!! I especially like the top of the page   ody bgcolor="white">

301 Moved Permanently<      Edited by slapshot02

If I was still back in my Technology position I would of gotten a Donald Trump for this roll out. YOUR FIRED!! I especially like the top of the page   ody bgcolor="white">

301 Moved Permanently<     

Nice page title, eh?  We get to see the sausage being made.

I'll have to try the "this is a fluid process" trick on my customers some day.  That's pretty cool wiggle language.  I wonder how it would go over?

I'm thinking the center-justified text is a simple formatting fix. I'd bet Michael Smith is working on this between games at the Prospects Tourney, and that scoping the results on the live site is easier than pre-publication.

In Smitty we trust!! (Although I'd trust him a lot more if he used "under way" as God intended. I keed, Michael, I keed!!!)

The changes follow the NHL's main site, which in turn is patterned on the MLB's products. I'm not crazy about the format or all the white space, but as someone - wxray? - mentioned when the NHL site switched over, everything is geared to mobile now. Oldsters like me who can't even FIND their phones half the time sure as heck aren't using it to post here--but hey, everything changes, and we had a good run.  :lol: (That said, the proper forms of "underway" and "under way" SHOULD. NEVER. CHANGE.)

Edited by top-shelf-1

I'm thinking the center-justified text is a simple formatting fix. I'd bet Michael Smith is working on this between games at the Prospects Tourney, and that scoping the results on the live site is easier than pre-publication.

In Smitty we trust!! (Although I'd trust him a lot more if he used "under way" as God intended. I keed, Michael, I keed!!!)

The changes follow the NHL's main site, which in turn is patterned on the MLB's products. I'm not crazy about the format or all the white space, but as someone - wxray? - mentioned when the NHL site switched over, everything is geared to mobile now. Oldsters like me who can even FIND their phones half the time sure as heck aren't using it to post here--but hey, everything changes, and we had a good run.  :lol: (That said, the proper forms of underway and under way SHOULD. NEVER. CHANGE.)

That WAS me, and yes, the new main page for the Canes is yet another step to Mobile.  There's a weird conflict here too.  The young-uns are happy to use 4k screens on their laptops and read 4 pt. text, yet since they love their mobile devices, they need the big text because they cannot make their fingers any smaller!

I'll have to try the "this is a fluid process" trick on my customers some day.  That's pretty cool wiggle language.  I wonder how it would go over?

Reminds me of an old Lily Tomlin routine...

Edited by top-shelf-1

Ha ha, thanks for the laugh!  I don't remember that one!  Love the old mainframe equipment too.

My customers would of said if it is fluid, is it ok if we flush your contract down the toilet?

Edited by slapshot02