The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
coastal_caniac

Website Changes

Well guys, I'm not the most computer savvy guy around, heck most of you are aware that I'm computer challenged, but finally able to get on here by back linking. For those above who suggested there's a pull down on Fan Zone,, I've attempted, but only gives me generic details!! One other gripe, since forever, when I go to sign in, typing my 1st initial brings up an erroneous 2 choices for the correct sign in name, that if I click on one or the other, would be incorrect? is that by design, or should my correct sign in name be displayed for quick access?? 

Edited by KJUNKANE

Well guys, I'm not the most computer savvy guy around, heck most of you are aware that I'm computer challenged, but finally able to get on here by back linking. For those above who suggested there's a pull down on Fan Zone,, I've attempted, but only gives me generic details!! One other gripe, since forever, when I go to sign in, typing my 1st initial brings up an erroneous 2 choices for the correct sign in name, that if I click on one or the other, would be incorrect? is that by design, or should my correct sign in name be displayed for quick access?? 

If you minimize your screen a little the full pull down menu in fan zone should appear. If using a PC hold down Ctrl and push the  - key.  Ctrl and + make the screen image larger again

If you don't step it down on the main page full screen you should see a menu item titled sections on the far left. That will also take you to a pull down menu with a message board link.

As for the name choices I also have three. They are apparently names you entered. For instance when I type the first letter of my screen name I get obxer, OBXer and a screen name I entered incorrectly.  It a memory of your last three different sign-on attempts (I think)

I'm just feeling my way around. May be easier ways to navigate the site but that is what I have found thus far.

I wonder if the pull down on the main page is browser specific? I have three separate browsers at work and it seemed one didn't work. (Was working so didn't notice which one). Have Firefox at home and it works. The other two at work are Explorer and Chrome. I've had lots of problems on the message boards with Safari over the years.

List of CSS errors in Firefox inspector is a mile long. Most of the time can't even load the CSS to inspect it.

What's Branecky up to these days?

Edited by legend-1

Has anybody considered going to their backups while they fix it?

The answer is the same one I got when we were 12 hours into an operating system update that was in some sort of a loop - we don't have a backup.

Maybe a ctrl/alt/del?

Maybe a beverage of your choice is in order first, and being careful with your beverage, lean over and poke the reset button with a sharp object that is laying around, like a paper clip or something.

Somebody should write a code or something for that.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Beverage safety first

Yes.  Don't want any unnecessary trips for half and half.  Might have to burn a check from the checkbook.

Here's the deal.  If misery loves company we have plenty of it as we aren't the only NHL message board experiencing this problem.  Techs say they have a fix but I have no timeline to pass on as to when that will happen.

The upgrade is coming

Please note that the recent changes to the website has necessitated the need to upgrade our message board. The latest massage board version has more  features. The upgrade is being scheduled. During the upgrade the Carolina Hurricane website will be offline. The time it will take to upgrade the site should be short, perhaps a couple of hours.

Hurricanes Website Offline Monday Morning

The Carolina Hurricanes Message Board platform is scheduled to be updated on Monday morning, September 26. During the update the Carolina Hurricanes website will be offline. The update and upgrade for the latest version of the message board should take about two hours.

Once upgraded the message board will have a new look with added features.

I'm sure there will  be a learning curve and questions. We can use this forum for comments and questions or you can PM me.

Thank you for your patience.

You still are superdave even though your username looks like something I would save to my hard drive.  :shock:

Yeah, everything was going along fine and alot of us had to put "_" in our usernames just to keep them.  Some had to add a "1".  That was so messed up.

Hopefully we won't get bended over this time.  Progress and all.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Yeah, I sure liked it better when I was simply "superdave".

I dunno Superdave, I like "The Dude".  Now I know this is just temporary for you, but for me, it relaxes me and gets me in the mood for the season.  Not sure I'm in the mood enough for Bob or whoever that guy is.   :)  Too many chemicals.  White Russians are all natural, after all.

That said: an "upgrade" does strike fear in our hearts.  Maybe they'll do it right this time.  We can hope, can't we?

Edited by wxray1