The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
coastal_caniac

Website Changes

Ok, minor quibble, but emoticons seem like they're harder to navigate than they used to be.  First, you have to pull up the drop down "Categories" menu and then click on "Emoticons" to get the full list.  Then, you can't expand the box, so to see all of the choices you have to scroll both down and across to see all of the choices.  Not a high priority item, but hopefully fine tuned at some point. 

Just a heads up: seems like whenever someone else posts, you now get a "blip" sound, kind of similar to the sound my antivirus makes when it hits something it doesn't like.  It took me a couple of posts by someone else to figure out what exactly that was.

24 minutes ago, RNT82 said:

The first thing I notice is the lack of sigs.  I also can't seem to find the right place to edit it either.

Alright I got sigs turned back on.  The edit is right under your post on the left

3 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I'm seeing what I think is an age old announcement from TSA on every page. 

I see it too. I'll try and get to it asap

41 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Just a heads up: seems like whenever someone else posts, you now get a "blip" sound, kind of similar to the sound my antivirus makes when it hits something it doesn't like.  It took me a couple of posts by someone else to figure out what exactly that was.

Toward the top of the page on the right, just to the left of messenger there is a bell icon. Click the icon and on the pull down click Notification Settings. That takes you to a full menu for your notification preferences. uncheck the " Play a sound when I receive a notification" box if you don't want to hear the sound.  There is also a notification list below where you can choose what you wish to be notified on.

42 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

whenever someone else posts

Nice....Highlight a piece of text in a post and a quote option pops up allowing you to quote only the highlighted text

If you are having trouble signing off (on) the message board you might want to consider clearing you cache on your browser. Clearing your browser history and cookies seems to correct that problem.

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

I'm seeing what I think is an age old announcement from TSA on every page. 

I think I removed this announcement. I haven't checked every forum but I think it is gone from all of them

1 hour ago, LakeLivin said:

Ok, minor quibble, but emoticons seem like they're harder to navigate

:facepalm2: It gonna take some getting accustomed  to moving around that menu

I apologize to Whaler, this is only a test. It appears you can now insert or drag images from your computer

whale 1.JPG

I see the red lines on topics but I only see faint pink separating the posts.  Is that what everyone else is seeing?

29 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I see the red lines on topics but I only see faint pink separating the posts.  Is that what everyone else is seeing?

I see gray between posts, bright red between topics (i.e. the red I was referring to).

3 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I see gray between posts, bright red between topics (i.e. the red I was referring to).

ok. might be my screen resolution or color settings  but the light pink between the posts is driving me crazy. I sent a message off to find out if it can be adjusted.

14 hours ago, OBXer said:

I see gray rather than pink.  I wonder if this is a new blue dress/ gold dress situation?