The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
coastal_caniac

Website Changes

I'm seeing red but not just on the message board. I was unable to sign-on this morning. I just got back on. 

It is odd but must be my desktop computer settings seeing pink. On my laptop I have the gray bars.

50 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I'm seeing red but not just on the message board. I was unable to sign-on this morning. I just got back on. 

It is odd but must be my desktop computer settings seeing pink. On my laptop I have the gray bars.

Could be that the new board software is grabbing some "theme" information giving you pink.

test test test

test test test test

48 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Could be that the new board software 

you think

I have changed the message board back to single space at the request of some members.

Is this the way we want it?

Works for me. I prefer putting a space between paragraphs. Of course, I could stop thinking "paragraphs." As in, you know, the plural. :lol:

Edited by top-shelf-1

We should be getting our Hurricane logo back soon on the unread post icon.

The posts are now boxed is that ok ? We can change the box color but I thought more red would be overwhelming. I'm open to suggestions.

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

We should be getting our Hurricane logo back soon on the unread post icon.

The posts are now boxed is that ok ? We can change the box color but I thought more red would be overwhelming. I'm open to suggestions.

I like the boxed borders. Better visually.

Just now, coastal_caniac said:

Question. Did we have the option to hide all sigs or individual members' sigs with the old version? 

I'm not sure. I didn't use that feature. Sometimes I wanted to. On this version you can hide one member sig or hide all sigs. For those who haven't seen it there is a small x on the lower left with posts that have sigs. If you click on the x you have the option to hide that posters sig or all sigs

I haven't tried it so someone else will have to post if it works.

One feature that we have lost is the post numbering that would appear above the post. I sent an inquire and asked if that could be added back because several members liked to reference it when referring to a post. Unfortunately that post numbering feature is now gone but I did receive this explanation and suggestion from IP support

There are no post numbers as this is not really a reliable way to do things since posts can be split, deleted, hidden, etc. which causes the numbering to change. A better approach is to click the little share icon on each post and copy/paste the link to that post.

There are some things we will need to learn to live with. I think many of the new features outweigh what we have lost.

Hello, east coast hockey fans.  I'm an Admin over on the Calgary Flames forums (feel free to stop by anytime), and I've been giving OBXer a hand during your update, as we had ours done on Friday/Saturday of last week.  It looks like your Admin/Mod staff have done a great job getting your digs all settled in.

4 minutes ago, kulstad said:

Hello, east coast hockey fans.  I'm an Admin over on the Calgary Flames forums (feel free to stop by anytime), and I've been giving OBXer a hand during your update, as we had ours done on Friday/Saturday of last week.  It looks like your Admin/Mod staff have done a great job getting your digs all settled in.

Hello kulstad and welcome to our board.  We owe kulstad a big Carolina thank you for lending a hand in helping us make adjustments to the board. The Calgary message board staff were the point men on this change. I think they were the first to get the upgrade. kulstad your a good egg!

7 minutes ago, kulstad said:

Hello Bill Peters' home province-based Admin! I like the forum's new look nearly as much as I hate the new homepage. Thanks for checking in. Now, unless you're sending us Johnny Hockey, get back to work. :lol: 

3 hours ago, kulstad said:

Kudos to you and your staff, kulstad!