The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JonKerfoot

Canes Corner Host???

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there still a change needed to one of the pages on the Hurricanes website.

Looked at the Canes Corner radio show page, and this is what comes up. Is Maniscalco back hosting Canes Corner, or is this just a missed clean-up?

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 10.37.28 AM.jpg

They put this up in the arena during the game too. Wondered the same thing. 

Still not sure why he was sacked in the first place.

that is freakin' awesome, b/c Gold, very frankly, isn't doing it for me. He got potential line combos that the rest of us have known about (thanks to simply paying attention) wrong, saying before a recent game that Lindy was being looked at as the potential C between Skinner and Stemp.

Uh... no.

Edited by top-shelf-1

Yeah, it will be good to get Maniscalco back.  For now, at least Forslund is there to correct Gold when he makes a point that's completely off base.  Forgot the exact example I noticed recently, but Forslund diplomatically corrected him.

That news about Maniscalco is great for me also. While we're on that, I'd heard from a friend that Michelle McMahon was replaced, but have not been able to verify. Anybody hear that too, and who might be her replacement?

I wondered if Michelle was coming back. She was the sideline reporter for the Duke-Northwestern game on the Big 10 Network. I think she was on the Big 10 Network before joining the Canes, so maybe she's just filling in there until her new gig with the NHL Network starts. Good for her, plus, she can mention to the NHL Network folks that Carolina has a team. The announcement on the website about this year's tv schedule said Shane Willis was hosting the pre-game show. How exciting!

11 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

I wondered if Michelle was coming back. She was the sideline reporter for the Duke-Northwestern game on the Big 10 Network. I think she was on the Big 10 Network before joining the Canes, so maybe she's just filling in there until her new gig with the NHL Network starts. Good for her, plus, she can mention to the NHL Network folks that Carolina has a team. The announcement on the website about this year's tv schedule said Shane Willis was hosting the pre-game show. How exciting!

:coollaugh:

All in all I liked Michelle, especially as compared to Chantel.  You could tell that Michelle had at least been around sports a good part of her life. There was one thing she did that was getting a bit tiring to me, though.  It was her "how'd that make you feel" line of questioning.  Too often for my tastes, instead of getting a players raw opinion her line of questioning would go something like this:

Jeff, when X happened it had to have Y effect on the Canes.  How'd that make you feel?

So, even if a player didn't feel it had Y effect, he was unlikely to point that out.

But like I said, overall I liked Michelle and will be interested to see how the Canes fill the gap she'll leave.

2 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

All in all I liked Michelle, especially as compared to Chantel.  You could tell that Michelle had at least been around sports a good part of her life. There was one thing she did that was getting a bit tiring to me, though.  It was her "how'd that make you feel" line of questioning.  Too often for my tastes, instead of getting a players raw opinion her line of questioning would go something like this:

Jeff, when X happened it had to have Y effect on the Canes.  How'd that make you feel?

So, even if a player didn't feel it had Y effect, he was unlikely to point that out.

But like I said, overall I liked Michelle and will be interested to see how the Canes fill the gap she'll leave.

Heh. I also hate it when interviewers begin a question with, "How great did you think it was that..."

Like, "How great did you think it was that you could bring the Cup back to Pittsburgh?"

Just once, I'd like somebody to answer, "What makes you assume I think it was merely great, Michelle? I mean, I could think it was stupendous. Or phenomenal. Or supercalafragilisticexpialidocious. I mean, what the heck, Michelle? 'Great'??" 

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Just once, I'd like somebody to answer, "What makes you assume I think it was merely great, Michelle? I mean, I could think it was stupendous. Or phenomenal. Or supercalafragilisticexpialidocious. I mean, what the heck, Michelle? 'Great'??" 

Did you see Hainsey's answer to McGuire about "Will their be playoffs in Carolina this year?"

Ron looks at him, cocks his head, pauses, and says: "Yes....  Actually, I wanted to say 'swear word yeah', but this is TV"  or something like that.

It was both confusing and humorous at the same time.  

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Did you see Hainsey's answer to McGuire about "Will their be playoffs in Carolina this year?"

Ron looks at him, cocks his head, pauses, and says: "Yes....  Actually, I wanted to say 'swear word yeah', but this is TV"  or something like that.

It was both confusing and humorous at the same time.  

I must have missed it. That's awesome. 

It's amazing with all the F bombs flying around most NHL locker-rooms that more guys don't let a few slip in interviews.

Comparing her to Chantel isn't even fair because I want to say most of us would be night and day better then Chantel.

She was amazing, very talented and was very prepared she's going to have a great a career. 

11 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Comparing her to Chantel isn't even fair because I want to say most of us would be night and day better then Chantel.

She was amazing, very talented and was very prepared she's going to have a great a career. 

The only similarities she had to Chantel were that they both for a brief period (with Michelle it was too brief, with Chantel it was not brief enough) had the same position with the Hurricans and that they both happened to be female.  I'd compare Michelle to Harwood before comparing her to Chantel.