The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheAmericanStriker

Goalies

16 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

It's possible that Ward didn't know that Hanifin pushed the Hab into him.  It's a very good point that the Canes shouldn't be wasting the challenge/ time out, but it seems like the players need to be talking to the coach.  Hanifin should have mentioned to Peters (and surreptitiously to Ward) that we would likely lose a challenge because of his check.

I truly don't think that Ward knew Hanifan pushed the player into him. He only felt the collision in the crease.

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

I never played the position, and I am surely not convinced I'm right. But the couple of views I had in light of having watched a fair amount of hockey, just looked like felt the contact and went down easy. When I re watched the game on TV, Trip, who did play goalie, pretty much said the same thing. Also, it's happened twice this year already.

Cam arguing the call doesn't really prove anything since he would argue the call if he flopped too.

I don't know. I'm just noting it, and offering that IF it is a strategy, it doesn't seem to be working.

I don't feel qualified to weigh in on how easily he went down.  If anything, it didn't seem to me like he scrambled to get back up as quickly as he possibly could have.  Not saying that it might have made a difference, but he has made some spectacular scrambling saves in the past.   

15 hours ago, remkin said:

Feels like trading one guy who got hot a few seasons back and has struggled since for another. Both performed great in pressure circumstances and got props for doing it. Nice, but I don't see how replacing one with the other changes anything, other than putting a new guy in the room--one who, as Lake notes, might now think he's too good to play at a lower level.

The Hamburgler cleared waivers and was sent down to Binghamton.  Maybe he should have just accepted the conditioning stint. :P

Edited by LakeLivin