The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
surfzone365

Happy Thanksgiving

This is going to be a crazy week for me, so not sure if I'll be online much.  I just want to wish each and every one of you fellow Caniacs and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving. As crazy as we are about sports and our teams, it is important we keep life in perspective and be thankful for many reasons.  There are many out there who are less fortunate and I hope this time of year we are able to come together to help out brothers and sisters in need. We are a truly blessed country and I hope we all can stop and reflect on those things in our life which are dear to us. Love each other, love yourself, and work diligently to make this world a better place!

I'll be in NC, and unfortunately the Canes will be Canada while I'm down. Just my luck... :huh:  I hope to catch one or two games at one of the Canes "Cool Bars" and hopefully experience something I rarely get to, some fellow Canes fans to cheer with.

Eat a lot of turkey and other high-calorie goodies, have some drinks, watch some football and hockey, and hug someone dear to you. Have a great week and God bless!

Image result for clark griswold turkeyRelated image

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Going non-traditional this year. Since I live alone and far from any relatives, it'll just be me and the cat. Instead of turkey, I bought the smallest top sirloin steak I could find - and it's 1.6 pounds and 1 1/4 inches thick at least. I'll probably get three or four meals out of that.

4 hours ago, JonKerfoot said:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Going non-traditional this year. Since I live alone and far from any relatives, it'll just be me and the cat. Instead of turkey, I bought the smallest top sirloin steak I could find - and it's 1.6 pounds and 1 1/4 inches thick at least. I'll probably get three or four meals out of that.

Be a man, and eat that whole thing in one sitting.  Wash it down with some bourbon on the rocks, and be thankful.