The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
robard

Autographs

Hello everyone!

I will be attending the Hurricanes game on Sunday. I have been to the arena before but I would like to try and get some autographs from the Panthers while they're in town. Any one have any tips?

Haven't done so in a while, but use to routinely hang out to get Canes autographs after a game. Both teams go in and come out the north gate area, but rarely saw the visiting team players make themselves available to sign autographs before entering their bus to go back to their motel. Occasionally one would, so worth a try. As you approach the lot entrance there, which if it's still allowed, you can recognize as several fans will gather, you'll see gates opening both ways I think. As you face the building, the visiting team will come out on the left. One warning, it's been several years since I did this, so all may have changed. Good luck in your quest.

Go to the hotel the team is staying at would be a good location to gather autographs. Some will sign as they get on the bus before heading to the arena.

Like others have said, go to the north gate after the game, and stand behind the security booth, as that's where the road fans go for autographs.

I used to stand after every game, but I've got most of their autographs multiple times now, so I've stopped.  Ironic part was the last time I stood out there was against the Panthers last year.  Jokinen was the only player to walk over.

As far as going to the hotel, it's a good idea if you know where they're staying.  I've seen them staying at the Renaissance in North Hills, and I saw Jason Pomniville once walking towards The Sheraton downtown.