The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Ranking The Prospects: An ongoing effort.

One way to try put all (well a lot) of our top prospects in one place is to make a ranking. So here's mine.

Thing with rankings is you have to make some rules.

Who is a prospect? There are many different cut offs. No NHL games? A few games? Less than 100 games? Is Aho still a prospect? Is Hanifin? Slavin or Pesce? We have a tendency to have our very best prospects make the team pretty young: Skinner, Hanifin, Lindholm, even Faulk, Aho,...

So for this list, I left off anyone with more than 50 NHL games, OR anyone who has been on this year's team since the start of the year (Aho). That's just my focus: who is developing in some lower level team and not yet in the up and down cycle. The only guy this kind of pushes is Brock McGinn. In this case, he would still be a prospect, while PDG would not. Hey, you gotta make a line somewhere.

I decided not to rank goalies. Nedeljovich is the highest talent goalie prospect, but has had some struggles, so...here is an article discussing our goalie prospects:

http://cardiaccane.com/2016/11/16/carolina-hurricanes-goalie-prospects/

Also, every team has a ton of prospects out there. Our website lists over 40. I just don't know them all. I have included only players ranked at least 6.5 on talent by Hockey's Future, and only our first two rounds of picks this year, because it is just too early to know about late rounders picked just a few months ago.

Finally, there are different ways to rank prospects. Most likely to make the team? Biggest upside? Closest to the NHL? Most talent?

I am interested in most talent, upside, potential total. That is, which player has the most likely chance to contribute the most to the team over his career? ie, if you are a potential star, your ranking is high, even if you also have a high chance of flaming out. Who has the potential to have the biggest impact, whenever they actually get here.  Since I'm not ranking goalies, it's a great example. Nedeljovic would still be my top goalie prospect despite recent struggles, because while he may never translate to the NHL, he may also be an All Star in the NHL. I shall now start posting my list adding to it as it grows.

WAIT!!! One more thing. This list is here for discussion. PLEASE point out areas of disagreement. Post your own list. Point out who I left off. Talk among yourselves. I'll give you a topic: Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an Island: Discuss.

Edited by remkin

OK without further delay I will start to create my list:

Hurricanes' Top Prospect Ranking List: by Remkin:

1. Julien Gauthier. 

I thought about this one. I mean the Cane's scouts not only liked Jake Bean better than Gauthier at pick #13, but liked him better even in the face of really really needing to draft a forward. And hey, Bean is next on my list. But this Gauthier kid just keeps growing on me, which is not easy given his already 6'4" body builder frame. He was one of those guys who dropped in the pre draft mocks and rankings, for vague reasons*. He was widely ranked around #10, or even higher for forwards in mid season rankings. Then he dropped and dropped all the way to our second first rounder at #23.

Gauthier put up insane goal numbers last year in Junior hockey: 41 goals in 51 games: that's a 66 goal pace over 82 games. He did nearly that a year younger too. But he didn't pass much* and had low assist totals. His coach said he didn't need to pass, he wanted Gauthier shooting, wouldn't you?. OK. Fine, well this year Gauthier seems to have said. "So you want me to pass?" He currently has 17 assists in 19 games. He had 16 last year. Not at this point, all year. Put another way, Gauthier had 16 assists last year, if he plays most of a full season he is on pace to have 61 assists this year. Yeah, he can pass.

* (reportedly may have dropped in draft due to selfish tendencies with puck and tunnel vision near net. This year is disproving those).

But it's not just numbers. He is a very advanced skater, and the skill set is super slick. He's big and well developed physically. He also has "in close skills". The guy goes to the net constantly, but when he's there, it's not just hack and wack time. It's slight of hand time. His body keeps him planted there, but his hands make the magic happen. He also has the open ice slick moves and tricky net drives.

This guy's upside really is Rick Nash, and maybe better. In about 8 years when someone re-drafts this year's draft Gauthier is going way higher than 23. That I can tell you.

2. Jake Bean. 

The offense is just too off the hook. He's injured, so it is very hard to update this, but his offensive numbers from last year were hugely impressive. I was surprised to learn a few years ago, that offensive production in junior hockey correlates better with NHL career for D men, than any other metric.

And here's a remkin technique. I am always interested when a good drafting team takes a guy against need and type. Last year Francis was clearly drafting speed and a bit of size. AND that draft was said to go deep. As deep as #40. So, at #35 we had bigger, faster forwards to pick from than our guy. AND we reached for a guy ranked lower. I thought (and posted at the time) Francis and company must really think this guy is special. That guy was Aho. Well this year we desperately needed to draft forwards. So, when we get to #13? We draft this guy, a defenseman. Clealry, Francis and company think he was one of the very best D men in the draft. So, I'll go with that.

3. Hayden Fleury.

Second D man taken in that draft (after the phenom A. Ekblad). He has the size and smooth skating to be special. He has shown flashes of offense, which I think he will bring eventually. He's a bit below the radar currently, but watch for this guy next year.

4. Janne Kuokkannen.

I think this guy is the center version of S. Aho in terms of potential. He is slick, smart, and gets back on defense. I loved him in Traverse City, and he looked good in camp. GMRF sang his praises after those too, so it's not just me. Watch his progress this year. He is off to a strong start.

5. Roland McKeown.

Courtesy of LA (as was Gauthier), this guy was a grade A blue chip, top 10 pick mid season pre draft. He also slid....a lot by draft day, but LA traded a good player to move up and pick him in the second round. LA has been pretty good at finding talent late in the draft. Has developed very nicely. He is the prototypical 3-4 dman on a good team. Handles the puck calmly, positionally very sound. Moves the puck out. He was the closest to making the team at his age on the back end. Made the Canadian WJC team. He doesn't look as big and slick as Fleury, but he gets the job done.

6. Nicholas Roy.

6-4, skates really well, good offensive game. Likely steal of his draft, and a late round gem for us, if he fulfills the promise. Went back to juniors after we drafted him and just lit it up. and he's doing it again this year. Needs to work on NHL speed and puck handling in traffic, but if he figures that out? Well GM's LOVE big guys down the middle. His upside is substantial.

7. Brock McGinn.

It's no secret around here, that this guy has passed my eyeball test for a long time. He just plays an NHL style of game. He's not quite past the 50 game mark, so he qualifies for this list, but is the most NHL tested of the prospects on this list. He is also on the older end of the spectrum. Now is the time for McGinn. Frankly PDG's slow start, and Frk not fitting, opened the door for another shot, and so far he's looking the part again. He hits, which we don't, so it could a niche to keep him around, but he's scored at other levels, so I'm hoping he will at the NHL level as he gets more games in. I don't really see him as a star scorer, but if he finds his game, and manages to stick with lots of other prospects pushing up, he could put up 20 goals in a season.

8. Valentin Zykov.

The LA Kings just keep on giving. High second round pick, has had injury issues and just didn't develop fast enough for LA. But he has offensive gifts, and is on a 9 point in 14 game start in Charlotte. He looked really good in Traverse City and Training Camp. He has a rocket shot and has been described as a sniper. His main downside is that he is 21 with other, younger guys coming up. This is a year for him to get some notice. He could easily be a top 6 forward if he hits his potential.

9. Andrew Poturalski.

He put up a ton of points in an elite college league, and again now in the AHL. On the downside, he's a smaller guy, and at 22 years old, on the edge of the make or break point. Still, a ton of points gives you a chance at least. Ryan is currently taking that chance, but if we don't get more production from him, Poturalski might get a shot.

10. Alexi Saarela.

Also been injured, missed camp, and Traverse, so really far under the radar. But the skill set is reportedly elite. Can he make it go at the NHL level? His shot is sniper quality, so he will have to produce points. There is serious pedigree in him, but also some problems along the way. This guy might have the biggest upside vs. Bustside of all. He could be a steady NHL goal scorer for years, or never even play one NHL game. But my list weighs upside, so maybe he should be even higher.

11. Trevor Carrick: really solid D man who has been developing quietly in the AHL.Made AHL All Star team. His problem is the back log at D.

12. Warren Foegle. Has that shifty, high skill look about him when he's on the ice. GMRF also complemented his game at Traverse and Training Camp.

13. Lucas Wallmark. Has really improved his skating and looked good at Traverse and camp.

14. Sergi Tolchinski. So sickly skilled. But so tiny. So far not putting up enough points in Charlotte. He has to put up serious points there to even get a sniff.

15. David Cotton. 6'3" center. 19 year old. 6th round. Long shot, but getting some attention with recent play, so I threw him on here.

That is my list as of November 26, 2016. 

Edited by remkin
  • Like 1

Just sayin, the accepted definition of a prospect is a skater who has played less than 65 NHL games before his 24th birthday or a goalie who has played less than 45 NHL games prior to his 24th birthday.

Does seem weird for a guy like Aho to be considered a prospect but that's what I've always seen as the definition.

Edited by coastal_caniac

That's the beauty of making my own list. I can decide what a prospect is. Under the accepted definition one would only have to include Aho and PDG to my list. To me Aho is a lock to hit 65 games this year, so to me he's already past being a prospect. PDG is just under the definition above, but will hit it as soon as he's inevitably recalled. In my mind they are not in the same group as the guys I listed. But that's just me.

But if one wants to use that criterion, Aho is easy, put Aho at the top of the list.

I just really don't quite know where to put PDG. Where would you put PDG?

Edited by remkin

I would still consider PDG a prospect.

I was going to work on a list at some point because as you know I like this topic.  I'll try and get one up this evening.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Indeed, I put this up in part due to your mention of trying to get one place to talk about all of our prospects. Definitely interested in feedback and more lists.

Didn't know where else to put this so...

It looks like both Gauthier and Bean will be playing for Canada at the World Junior Championships.

Canada begins preliminary play against Russia on December 26th.

So listening to prospect radio this afternoon and low and behold they're talking Canes prospects with Tony MacDonald. So I'm waiting to hear about the names on my ranking up there, but instead they start asking about a bunch of our more obscure guys. Some of this will appeal to PlayruffCaniac.

In fact I'll start with that. A couple of guys talked about have tremendous grit and sandpaper, and MacDonald admitted the Canes could use more of that. (See the last two guys below).

So here's who the Hockey Prospect Guys wanted to talk about in order of bringing them up:

Jack LaFontane: G. 6'2" 19 year old goalie. Mid 3rd round pick last year. Freshman Michigan.

Upshot. Big, playing for major D1 school as Freshman, ok save percentage, but not great record. Nice upside, but really too soon to say.

Max Zimmer: F. 6'0". 19 yo 4th rounder last year. Plays at Wisconsin. Good all around game. Versatile. "on schedule" per MacDonald. but needs to score more.

**David Cotton: F. 6'3" 19 yo 6th rounder, 2015 draft. Plays for BC. This guy got Tony's excitement level up to a 2/10 (that's about apoplectic for him). He is big. Skates well and is scoring. He is getting key minutes on BC, and putting up numbers. MacDonald said he is well ahead of the curve.

He is a Freshman and 5th on the team in points. Could be another late round gem (my take).

Noah Carrol. D. 6'1". 19 you 6th rounder 2015 draft. Plays for Gulph OHL. Calm, mistake free puck mover, but stay at home. (Not many points though and that works against him ending up in the NHL (my take)).

Spencer Smallman: F. 6'0" 20 yo 5th rounder 2015. Plays for St John in the Q. OK Playruff and others in this camp, listen up I am going to list what the combined comments were:  Consistent effort (never takes a single shift off), grit, does all of the little things, gets to the crease and mixes it up, pays the price, smart with high hockey IQ, ideal captain, leader, when stuff gets physically confrontational he goes to the fight, hard nosed, extremely competitive, is putting up good numbers. "We are very happy with him and he will be a very good pro".  He has 71 points and 24 goals in 54 games. And here is the kicker. One of the guys said he has Scotty Walker attributes, especially in character and work ethic.

Matt Filipe: F. 6'2", 19 year old, high 3rd rounder last year. Freshman at Northeastern U. in Boston. Has translated his game to D1 hockey fast for a Freshman. Good skater, protects puck, tenacious, goes to the net, PLAYS A HEAVY GAME, likes the physical challenge. 19 points in 35 games. Not too bad for a Freshman.

These guys were all picked 3rd round or later in the last two drafts. Only David Cotton made my list of top 15 prospects above, and after listening to these guys I'd move him up my list into the top 10. I'd say his "long shot" is not as long now as he has continued to play very well as a Freshman in a big time D1 program. Zimmer and Carrol don't ring the bell of interest to me, but Smallman surely does and I'm going to be keeping an eye on Filipe because he fits our needs.

Interesting that 4/6 of these guys are in D1 college programs.

Given our needs, Smallman might get up the list fast as next year approaches. He and Cotton seem most immediately interesting from this list.

Edited by remkin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I have been keeping tabs on Spencer Smallman.   He's got some chops, that kid.  I've also heard the comparisons to Scotty Walker.  We'll see him in Charlotte next season.

I have to admit I know nothing about him but I am liking what I see. A hard-working forward that can play a gritty, grinding style of hockey. Can play in all situations effectively due to his willingness to battle in his own end, and natural instincts in the offensive end. Very smart with the puck in pressure situations, and passes with precision. Possesses great hands and puckhandling skills, not to mention a sharp, accurate release. All-in-all, a versatile winger that exhibits the ability to switch from a gritty, able-bodied two-way player to an offensive scoring threat in an instant. The kid is not afraid to mix it up, quick hands.  http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/136312   http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/131806  

Re ranking my list: Biasing potential slightly ahead of "readiness".

1. Gauthier: (what can I say, the upside is All Star). Huge.

2. Fleury: starting to show it in Charlotte. Good size. Starting to find some offense too. Will he be ready next year? I say yes.

3. Roy: putting up goals in dominant fashion two years in a row, good showing in World Juniors, huge guy, also dominating playoffs.

4. Bean. Huge upside. Good World Juniors for underaged D man.

5. Kuokannen: has the skills, but not a great WJT, but also on a very bad Finish team and under-aged, doing very well in Junior Playoffs.

6. McKeown: not great +/- in Charlotte, but looked good in camp and has high chance of being at least bottom pair (also RHD, in short supply)

7. Zykov: moves up due to one game good showing in NHL, and willingness to go to net. Has skill too.

8. Cotton. Just really looking very good in D1 hockey as a big freshman. He is moving up.

9. Poturalski: racking up points in Charlotte. Didn't look great in short call up, sent back down. Too soon to quit on him, but may move down list.

10. Smallman. Upside may be more 2-3rd line, but he is making waves with his toughness and leadership, and is scoring too. Under radar, but compared to Scotty Walker.

11. Carrick: more of a close to ready thing. Solid. Problem is he finds himself on a defensively deep team in prospects.

12. Saarela. Talk about under the radar. I have no idea really lately. But has a cannon shot, and skill. Could move up or down list fast.

13. Filipe. Gets on the list after listening to Tony McDonald on Prospect radio. 6'2" 19 yo is adapting fast to D1 hockey, scoring, and playing a heavy game.

14. Wallmark. Improved skating. Looked good in recent call up. Scoring more than expected. Could move up. High hockey IQ.

15. Elynuik. 6'5" will get you a look. 3rd rounder had 73 points in 64 games in Juniors this year. Will play a few games now in Charlotte. Could raise stock if he does well there.

16. Foegle. Always liked his composed shifty game. But more of a long shot. Left UNH to play in OHL, now about a ppg. Which is very good, but not elite. About #30 in OHL. Doing well in Junior playoffs.

17. Steve Lorentz. Leading his team and most of Junior hockey playoffs with 20 points in 8 games. Team Captain. Name keeps popping up. Just signed pro contract.

Off list: McGinn, more established. Tolchinski, is really a long shot now.

Edited by remkin

So I keep hearing Steve Lorentz name pop up. 7th rounder for crying out loud, and now one of the leading scorer in the entire Jr Hockey playoffs with 20 points in 8 games. 6-2, team Captain. Just signed a pro contract with us.

I guess he needs to get on the list, but dang our other prospects are doing well also.

Never in my time watching this team have we had anywhere near the depth in prospects we have now.

Just edited the list to add him.

Saarela has got to be rocketing up the list given his start in Charlotte.  Very promising overall; it's going to be interesting to see how well the organization does in developing it's talent.  Unfortunately we don't have much prior experience in that department. :P

Edited by LakeLivin

Lake!!! Welcome to the least read thread on Earth!

I was actually hoping for this to be a bit of a collaborative effort since no one can really follow all of these guys, where people come on here and suggest guys move up or down. So, in that spirit, and because you make a great point, I am moving Saarela up the list.

I'll keep cutting and pasting the new list.

As to Saarela, yes, 10 points in his first 9 games and 6 of them goals is a phenomenal start for a guy getting used to small ice at a pretty high level. Chip wrote an article about him just yesterday: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article145930484.html.  Most impressive in there were comments about his speed, him liking the small ice, and mostly his "incredible release" which we have heard about, and seen on youtube. Of course the article teases about him being the next Aho too.

Saarela, has been a very tough one for a few reasons, but mainly due to injury and playing in a foreign land, it is just really hard to get good info on him. This is one of those guys who was a young phenom with a mega high ceiling when he first hit the scene as a kid, but then lots of ups and downs, an a fair number of key injuries and at key times, also leading to him falling off the radar. I tried to Google translate an article about him from Finland, which seemed pretty down on him this year, but then again only about every 4th word seemed translated right.

Saarela was a late third rounder, almost a 4th rounder, but the Rangers took a chance on a lot of past skill in a guy who had fallen off again in part due to injury.

Yet to score in 2 playoff games but apparently he goes to the net, and if he keeps that up, it could punch him a ticket to try his hand here.

Re ranking my list: Biasing potential slightly ahead of "readiness" as of 6/13/17.

1. Gauthier: (what can I say, the upside is All Star). Huge.

2. Fleury: starting to show it in Charlotte. Good size. Starting to find some offense too. Will he be ready next year? I say yes.

3. Roy: putting up goals in dominant fashion two years in a row, good showing in World Juniors, huge guy, also dominating playoffs.

4. Bean. Huge upside. Good World Juniors for underaged D man.

5. Kuokannen: has the skills, but not a great WJT, but also on a very bad Finish team and under-aged, doing very well in Junior Playoffs.

6. Zykov: moves up due to one game good showing in NHL, and willingness to go to net. Has skill too. 2 points in Checker's playoffs in 2 games.

7. McKeown: not great +/- in Charlotte, but looked good in camp and has high chance of being at least bottom pair (also RHD, in short supply)

8.  Wallmark. Improved skating. Looked good in recent call up. Scoring. High hockey IQ. Peter's made positive comments. Lead Charlotte in goals and goals/game by a good margin. Leading AHL playoffs in points. Probably should be higher, but just not sure of upside yet. NHL ready.

9. Saarela. Hard to follow in Finland and w/ injuries, but has a cannon shot, and skill, and speed and doing well in Charlotte so far moves up list.

10. Foegle. Always liked his composed shifty game. But more of a long shot. Left UNH to play in OHL, now about a ppg. Which is very good, but not elite. About #30 in OHL. Doing well in Junior playoffs. Would put higher, but will need to be elite to make NHL with his style of play. UPDATE: Foegle really made a mark in Junior hockey playoffs. He was the MVP of the playoffs for his league, and had a good memorial cup tourney. He looks like an NHL player out there. Seems to have good hockey IQ. Moving him up to #10.

11. Cotton. Just really looking very good in D1 hockey as a big freshman. He is moving up. I have him here on unbridled potential. This list is biased to potential.

12. Smallman. Upside may be more 2-3rd line, but he is making waves with his toughness and leadership, and is scoring too. Under radar, but compared to Scotty Walker.

13. Poturalski: racking up points in Charlotte. Didn't look great in short call up, sent back down. Too soon to quit on him, but may move down list.

14. Filipe. Gets on the list after listening to Tony McDonald on Prospect radio. 6'2" 19 yo is adapting fast to D1 hockey, scoring, and playing a heavy game.

15. Carrick: more of a close to ready thing. Solid. Problem is he finds himself on a defensively deep team in prospects and on the big club.

16. Steve Lorentz. Leading his team and most of Junior hockey playoffs with 20 points in 8 games. Team Captain. Name keeps popping up. Just signed pro contract.

17. Elynuik. 6'5" will get you a look. 3rd rounder had 73 points in 64 games in Juniors this year. Will play a few games now in Charlotte. Could raise stock if he does well there.

18. Noah Carroll. D. 19 yo, 6'1"; last player Canes took last year, but I've heard his name called a few times. Hockey Prospects wanted to talk about him with Tony McD, supposedly very positionally strong shut down guy, Canes Country called him an under the radar guy to watch last year, and he was just mentioned in the Canes' page write up about who's scoring and playing well in the Junior playoffs.

Edited by remkin

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

Yeah, may have been buried in a couple of long posts, but this guy has just exploded in Junior Hockey playoffs with 20 points in 8 games leading his team to two sweeps.

It's below most people's radars (as witnessed by the low numbers reading this thread) but the Canes have a LOT of interesting low round picks making waves in various places: D1 College, Junior Hockey, AHL even. The cupboard is full of interesting things.

Edited by remkin

Gotta move Wallmark up.  I edited and moved him to 8. If this list was biased to NHL ready, he'd be right near the top.

He is currently tied for league lead in playoff scoring and lead the league in rookie scoring. He just keeps scoring. He was an emergency call up at the end of this season, and got sent back down but with lots of praise from Peters. He then got called right back up and more praise.

I'm guessing he will start the year in Raleigh, probably taking McClement's 4th line center spot. He has 27 goals in 70 games including playoffs (32 goal pace projected over 82).

I just haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on how high his ceiling is, but his 2nd on team (to Fleury) plus/minus, at least suggests that he is defensively responsible enough to hold down that 4th line center position with more scoring upside than McClement.

Edited by remkin

Kuokkanen and Saarela Express Intent To Play In North America Next Year by Nicholas Niedzielski

Janne Kuokkanen, selected in the second round of the 2016 draft by Carolina, stated that he thinks he will turn pro next season. The 18-year-old appeared in one game for the Checkers, making his North American pro debut in Game 3 of Charlotte’s first-round series against Chicago

Aleksi Saarela said that he is “for sure” going to play in North America next season. The 20-year-old Finn made a splash when he joined the Checkers in late March following the conclusion of his SM-Liiga season. Saarela recorded 10 points (6g, 4a) in nine games with Charlotte before he was sidelined with an injury.

This makes a ton of sense for Saarela, especially given his fast start in Charlotte at the end of this year, and he's a year older than Kuokkanen.

Kuokkanen? Probably is best. Interesting choice. He played in Finland, then in Canadian Juniors where he did well, but not super elite. Gets him used to smaller ice. He's just turning 19 next month. Normally I think a second post draft year in Juniors is a waste, but I do wonder about certain guys refining their skills there, especially since he's only 18.

Anyone know if Kuok is eligible to play in the AHL next year? I know that at his age if he was from North America he wouldn't be, but there are some different rules about guys originating from Europe.  Wondering if one of those exceptions might apply to Kuok, even though he played in the CHL last year.

I believe there were already concerns about Saarela being injury prone, watching him go out in the playoffs dampens what was my growing optimism about him just a bit.

edit: just looked this up, but 'm not sure if Kuok was drafted first by Canes or CHL. Hopefully the former.

"European players further complicate The Agreement. If European players are drafted in the CHL draft before they're drafted by an NHL club, this rule applies to them. However, if they're drafted as a member of a European squad, and choose post-NHL-draft to play for a CHL team, they can, in fact, report to the NHL team's minor squads before the age limit kicks in".

Edited by LakeLivin

43 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Anyone know if Kuok is eligible to play in the AHL next year? I know that at his age if he was from North America he wouldn't be, but there are some different rules about guys originating from Europe.  Wondering if one of those exceptions might apply to Kuok, even though he played in the CHL last year.

I believe there were already concerns about Saarela being injury prone, watching him go out in the playoffs dampens what was my growing optimism about him just a bit.

edit: just looked this up, but 'm not sure if Kuok was drafted first by Canes or CHL. Hopefully the former.

"European players further complicate The Agreement. If European players are drafted in the CHL draft before they're drafted by an NHL club, this rule applies to them. However, if they're drafted as a member of a European squad, and choose post-NHL-draft to play for a CHL team, they can, in fact, report to the NHL team's minor squads before the age limit kicks in".

I think that last paragraph applies to Kuok. Also, do we know what type of injury for Saarela? Just wondering.

6 minutes ago, remkin said:

I think that last paragraph applies to Kuok. Also, do we know what type of injury for Saarela? Just wondering.

Upper body, whatever that means, lol.  But I didn't get the impression that it was a head injury,

So, if anybody's out there.....I moved Foegle up to #10. Kind of want to move him higher, but the guys above him are either doing it at the AHL level or more elite prospects.

Foegle was the MVP of the OHL playoffs, and looked really good in the televised Memorial Cup games. He played on the Erie Otters top line, and produced. He plays a gritty game but he has skills too. I've always liked the way he looks out there. Need to see more at the AHL level, but I like him.