The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniac59

STH Selling tickets on the Ticket Exchange Removed?

Does anyone know why they have removed the option for STH to sell  their tickets or buy tickets from other STH on the Ticket Exchange?   This was one of the perks given to the STH and now has been removed.  I am not referring to the trade tickets for another game, but to be able to sell or buy seats from other STH.  I used this to build up a "Sellers Credit" for future season seats or playoff tickets.  It has abruptly been removed.  Ticketmaster now says it is not available and taken out of the drop down menu under 'Tickets'.  You can still buy tickets from Ticketmaster for a game, but not from STH seats they are selling.

I am planning on calling my ticket rep, but wondered if anyone has heard why this has been removed.

8 hours ago, caniac59 said:

Does anyone know why they have removed the option for STH to sell  their tickets or buy tickets from other STH on the Ticket Exchange?   This was one of the perks given to the STH and now has been removed.  I am not referring to the trade tickets for another game, but to be able to sell or buy seats from other STH.  I used this to build up a "Sellers Credit" for future season seats or playoff tickets.  It has abruptly been removed.  Ticketmaster now says it is not available and taken out of the drop down menu under 'Tickets'.  You can still buy tickets from Ticketmaster for a game, but not from STH seats they are selling.

I am planning on calling my ticket rep, but wondered if anyone has heard why this has been removed.

Hey caniac59. I'm wondering if the changes to the website are the culprit here. I did a Google search on "NHL ticket resale" and found this page at the main NHL site:

http://www.ticketsnow.com/nhl/

When I clicked on the Canes' logo (FIRST under Metropolitan, which, though listed alphabetically, I choose to take as an omen!) I got the following page at Ticketmaster, which offers a "Season Ticket Holder's Login": http://www.ticketsnow.com/NHL/ResaleOrder/Carolina-Hurricanes-Tickets/Event/143

(The whole centralization of certain website features, which sends folks to nhl.com or one of its subpages to access them, is annoying but understandable from a business POV. It's clearly designed to get nhl.com more pageviews, so the League can sell more advertising on its main site. It's also why you now have to go there for detailed stats, I'm guessing.) 

Anyway, I hope this helps. Hopefully your ticket rep can fill in any blanks.

Thank you so much for this information.  I figured it was a business standpoint and understandable.  Also I guess they don't want it easy for STH to be able to sell their seats that they already have their money for when they are trying to sell empty seats and losing money.   It is frustrating, but understandable.  Thanks again!

On 11/27/2016 at 10:16 PM, caniac59 said:

I noticed this weeks ago as well as I used to check for tkts from time to time. Yes ticketmaster has resale tkts.