Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Trade rumors and talk

1 minute ago, remkin said:

I guess that means no last second deals

They still drift in after deadline if the deal has been made by deadline

Just now, OBXer said:

They still drift in after deadline if the deal has been made by deadline

But a presser before it's over? I guess it could still happen.

4 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I'm glad we won't have to have the discussion on whether Duchene's nickname was really going to stick as Duche. 

Could have just called him Nozzle.

7 minutes ago, raleighcaniac said:

Well if nothing happens in the next 3 minutes I will be glad that I don't have to read about Duchene or Langeskog. Thats a topic that got beat to crap without results.

And that surprised you?

8 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

god this is going to be a long horrible off season.

the only thing left to play for this season is draft position. Once again, just playing out the string.

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

Anyone else getting anything out of this press conference?  It's so buffered for me that it's more annoying than useful.

Nope, very annoying.

1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

Anyone else getting anything out of this press conference?  It's so buffered for me that it's more annoying than useful.

Nope, very garbled!! On purpose?

1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

RF is using the lowest tier of internet connection speed as a metaphor for our salary spending.

• Like 3

On the "when can you bring back a traded player" issue:

Can't find the link but I know I've looked it up at least twice previously.  My recollection is that you can't bring back a player you trade after Jan 1 2017 until after Jan 1 2018.  It;s possible that I could have misinterpreted it, or the articles I've seen could have been wrong, but the context was regarding trading players away, not having them being drafted by Vegas.

I did find OBXers rule about Vegas not being able to trade back someone they draft until 1/1/18 but that doesn't exclude a rule like the one above.  And when you think about it, a rule like the one above makes sense in order to protect Vegas. Otherwise, a team that's out of it but who doesn't have enough protection slots could trade away one of their players to a team who does have "spare" slots with the understanding that they'll just trade them back after the expansion draft in exchange for whatever is deemed fair compensation.  Which could be just the "use" of the player for another team's playoff run.  Or something similar to what comes back when taking on salary dumps.

I have the same recollection as Lake and it bugs the crap out of me I can't find it anywhere, so there's still some doubt.  If it isn't a rule though, GM's would take advantage, so there is that.

Anyway, thanks for posting that OBXer and Lake.

3 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I have the same recollection as Lake and it bugs the crap out of me I can't find it anywhere, so there's still some doubt.  If it isn't a rule though, GM's would take advantage, so there is that.

Anyway, thanks for posting that OBXer and Lake.

That's because the rule used to be the other way before time travelers changed it.  Proof that the time travelers must be from a team that needs to rent a player.

The Mandela Effect.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/crazy-examples-of-the-mandela-effect-that-will-make-you-ques?utm_term=.nh6Jr1vXa#.soxMy6JV0

Everything I look at on the bringing back the traded player thing is...

NHL teams wouldn’t be allowed to reacquire players they trade between Jan. 1, 2017 and Jan. 1, 2018 in case they attempt to evade the expansion draft rules.

This is designed to keep a team from trading a player to a team with an available protection spot, and then reacquiring him before the season starts (in my understanding).  I'm not so sure that it means that a team can't trade a UFA to be and then resign that player prior to Jan 2018.  Seeing as how none of the talking heads and internet writers have brought this up as a deterrence to trade deadline deals, I'm inclined to think it's the correct interpretation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Edited by super_dave_1

For the record, I am mega glad that Francis did not trade Hanifin. He is going to be the real deal.

Clearly Sakic was asking crazy prices as no one bit.

I do think that we see a major move in the offseason.