The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Laine's Own Goal: Priceless!

This is funny.  Not a miss-hit or accident, he fires a rebound into his own net and then starts to celebrate, lol.  :Oops:

The goalie tries to make the save but he has to be thinking "*edit*??" (starts with "what" and rhymes with "truck")

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

Cringe worthy, that'll be shown for a long time. Never thought I'd see an NHLer re-create this video

Edited by legend-1

2 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

This is funny.  Not a miss hit or accident, he fires a rebound into his own net and then starts to celebrate, lol. 

The goalie tries to make the save but he has to be thinking "*edit*??" (starts with "what" and rhymes with "truck")

Nothing but net.

Ugh, gawd, this brings back a bad memory.

I used to play a lot of tennis, and never much liked playing doubles. One day when no one else was available, I reluctantly agreed to substitute in a local league. About halfway through the tight match, my partner was receiving serve and I was at net, in the other service box. Great serve, nice return, and the ball came back my way with a ton of pace. But instead of volleying it, I flashed my free hand and stood there proudly holding it for a second, while everybody was wondering what the hell I just did--and why. I had no idea myself!

Days later it occurred to me that I momentarily went back to my youth, playing goalie in street hockey. We played all summer, no matter how hot. The racket in my right hand reminded me of the goalie stick, and that orb was about to sail over my left shoulder--but I BY GOD SNAGGED IT!!--"saving" us (unfortunately), a sure point with a solid return! It was just one of "those" moments.

Even though my brain freeze entertained only three other people, I feel your pain, Patrik!