The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canes2017

Thanks Jorge!

In what was an otherwise stinker of a game- just loved seeing the raw emotion of Jorge both before game and during the first period intermission- it is what Sports is really all about. What a great story and you can see the respect all the players had for him! Really glad Peters put him in the game so can be an official NHL player now... How did he ever get helmet done so quickly with the spoofs of skip and bob so far done? :) 

cut.jpg

Jorge Alves fought back tears behind a goalie mask he painted himself as he stood in the hallway leading from the visiting dressing room to the Amalie Arena ice in Tampa Bay.

• Like 4

I didn't think i'd be able to watch last night but surprisingly i was handed the remote at the NYE party i was at so i wasted no time switching over to the game.  Still wasn't really able to focus on the game too often so i can't speak for much that happened, but i did see Alves being sent in and intently watched the last seconds.  Awesome.

OBXer, I too want to 2nd that, and further, could see it as 1 more step toward building team bonding, being that thoughtful of your entire staff, from your biggest star to your equipment manager. Hurrah for Bill Peters!!

• Like 1