The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

No Thirds!

I was browsing tweets this morning and saw this

I don't see how the owners would be for that since, like has been said, it would limit merchandise sales.  Our home uniform needs an overhaul anyway, and yes bring back the flags!

Last night they showed a graphic that this team is massively ahead of real .500 in the black jerseys. The alternates are popular and sell. Seems pretty bone headed to me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, remkin said:

Last night they showed a graphic that this team is massively ahead of real .500 in the black jerseys. The alternates are popular and sell. Seems pretty bone headed to me.

Well...they have flags on them;)

37 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Since having addition uniform options allows additional merchandise sales, I just don't get the limitations they have on uniform variations.

This is what the article said: There will be no third jerseys, in order to make the initial implementation of new sweaters easier.

Based on OBXer's post, it sounds like the 3rd unis may go away for a year or 2 and return. Given the choice, I'd keep the black unis and ditch the red ones. I think the black ones look sharp. This is probably less of a concern for teams whose 3rd unis are awful. The Islanders, Penguins and Lightning come to mind.

• Like 1

I would have the arms transition from red to black like the main body of the jersey does and the socks transition from top black to bottom red since the pants are black for better flow. Honestly, I may even keep the socks all black rather than make the player look like a confusing mess of color transitions.

I'm all for going back to our 2000s look before all else though.

1 minute ago, legend-1 said:

I would have the arms transition from red to black like the main body of the jersey does and the socks transition from top black to bottom red since the pants are black for better flow. Honestly, I may even keep the socks all black rather than make the player look like a confusing mess of color transitions.

I'm all for going back to our 2000s look before all else though.

I think those might be good modifications, I'd like to see what they look like.

Just now, LakeLivin said:

I think those might be good modifications, I'd like to see what they look like.

So would I, I posses no such skills lol 

I'm all for the blacks if they'd at least switch the color of the numbers so i can read them.  Whenever they wear black i have to just trust Forslund because even with the thin white outline, the red on black doesn't work too well on my television.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OBXer said:

This is what the article said: There will be no third jerseys, in order to make the initial implementation of new sweaters easier.

This is what gets me.  Seems like the issue of whether or not Adidas can handle it should have been one of the biggest factors in selecting them in the first place.  Of course, everything else shrinks in importance as contrasted to the $ amount of the contract, so never mind . . .

Almost a memory

Carolina Hurricanes Third Jerseys To Be Consigned to History

The end of the Canes’ black jersey will mean the end, at least temporarily, of some design elements that date to the team’s arrival in North Carolina in 1997, including the hurricane warning flag around the bottom of the sweater

:facepalm2:

On 1/9/2017 at 2:10 PM, LakeLivin said:

Simple solution:

Hurricanes-1.png

You get the red, the black, and the flags.  Just make the logo a bit fatter. :thumbsup:

I like the look but the name and number used as a sample got me nauseous. Brought back nightmares.