The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The Canes Lack of Hitting Got You Down?

I dunno everytime i watch the match is over in 30-45 seconds :\

Sometimes that is true, but it will be the most hard hitting in 30-45 seconds than you will see in the entire Cane season! B)

I dunno everytime i watch the match is over in 30-45 seconds :\

Sometimes that is true, but it will be the most hard hitting in 30-45 seconds than you will see in the entire Cane season! B)

Guess I'm not the only UFC fan on this board.

Hoping GSP whoops hughes once again, and looking forwar dto seeing Chuck vs. Silva which should be over within 30-45 seconds,lol.

Hoping GSP whoops hughes once again, and looking forwar dto seeing Chuck vs. Silva which should be over within 30-45 seconds,lol.

I remember watching Hughes take down the Ju-Jitsu master himself, Gracie. It was like the changing of the guard. But I'm with you, GSP is the next in line for the UFC Elites (ok he already is but this fight will redeem and solidify his stature).

Just curious as to who your favorite fighter is. Mine is by far and away Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. I watched him through his Pride Fighting days in Japan. He is like a bigger GSP with an unmatched mean streak in the ring. Have you ever seen him pile drive his opponent into the mat? He once knocked a guy out doing that....ouch!

I was going to start a thread asking whether we could trade our defense for these guys, but I think the Sarcasm would be lost on most B) !

I remember watching Hughes take down the Ju-Jitsu master himself, Gracie. It was like the changing of the guard. But I'm with you, GSP is the next in line for the UFC Elites (ok he already is but this fight will redeem and solidify his stature).

Just curious as to who your favorite fighter is. Mine is by far and away Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. I watched him through his Pride Fighting days in Japan. He is like a bigger GSP with an unmatched mean streak in the ring. Have you ever seen him pile drive his opponent into the mat? He once knocked a guy out doing that....ouch!

I was going to start a thread asking whether we could trade our defense for these guys, but I think the Sarcasm would be lost on most B) !

My favourites is a long list, I don't have a stand out guy. I've always like Diego Sanchez, Nate Marquardt and Matt Lindland the most it seems. Unfortunately all 3 haven't really done much lately, Nate blew his title shot, Matt seems to want to fight way bigger guys, but couldn't get a fight with Anderson Silva, and Diego has lost 2 straight. I also like denis Kang a lot, but of course, he's coming off a loss too, lol. They'll all bounce back though.

I can tell you my most hated fighter: BJ Penn.

Everyone treats the guy like royalty. I mean I know he is a well-rounded fighter, but the guy did lose two of 3 in the UFC so far. His fans keep on making excuses about it: "well if BJ had good cardio he would've won....". Yea, and if I had good cardio, wrestling, BJJ and boxing I'd be a good fighter too, but I don't hone that skills, its part of the sport.

My favourites is a long list, I don't have a stand out guy. I've always like Diego Sanchez, Nate Marquardt and Matt Lindland the most it seems. Unfortunately all 3 haven't really done much lately, Nate blew his title shot, Matt seems to want to fight way bigger guys, but couldn't get a fight with Anderson Silva, and Diego has lost 2 straight. I also like denis Kang a lot, but of course, he's coming off a loss too, lol. They'll all bounce back though.

Everyone treats the guy like royalty. I mean I know he is a well-rounded fighter, but the guy did lose two of 3 in the UFC so far. His fans keep on making excuses about it: "well if BJ had good cardio he would've won....". Yea, and if I had good cardio, wrestling, BJJ and boxing I'd be a good fighter too, but I don't hone that skills, its part of the sport.

Yeah I can see your point. I think UFC thought BJ was gonna be another Gracie, but he has fallen way short. He might be awesome at the gym, but enclosed in an octagon is entire different story. Haven't followed much of the other guys you mentioned with the exception of Sanchez and of course Silva (he always surprises me, he always seems so calm).

Anyway good to know that there are some MMA fans, keep me posted if u hear any good news. B)

Yeah I can see your point. I think UFC thought BJ was gonna be another Gracie, but he has fallen way short. He might be awesome at the gym, but enclosed in an octagon is entire different story. Haven't followed much of the other guys you mentioned with the exception of Sanchez and of course Silva (he always surprises me, he always seems so calm).

Anyway good to know that there are some MMA fans, keep me posted if u hear any good news. B)

Well actually, let em correct that. BJ was awesome prior to leaving the UFC the first time with the Welterweight title. But since he's come back, all he's done is beaten up an undersized Jens Pulver. But everyone wants him to instantly get a Lightweight fight with the champ (which fans recently learned, will be eligible to fight in mid-january, as his suspension was reduced to 6 months after testing positive for steroids).

I know BJ is fighting Joe stevenson and they wanted to make it an interim title fight, since Sherk was suspended, but I don't know if Penn deserves that shot cause he beat one guy in his last 3 fights. He had a title shot, and had a fight with the best welterweight in the world with GSP. Meanwhile, other fighters have worked their tails off winning like 4 or 5 straight and have no title shot to show for it.

Rampage and Forrest griffin are the new coaches for The Ultimate Fighter Season 7, and will face each other later on.

Also Sean Sherk was stripped of the Lightweight Title after testing positive for steroids and not clearing his name on appeal. BJ Penn and Joe Stevenson will fight for the vacant title at UFC 80 I believe.

Randy Couture will also be stripped of his title at Heavyweight since he rejected the match offer for him vs. Noguiera, no surprise there.

Rampage and Forrest griffin are the new coaches for The Ultimate Fighter Season 7, and will face each other later on.

Also Sean Sherk was stripped of the Lightweight Title after testing positive for steroids and not clearing his name on appeal. BJ Penn and Joe Stevenson will fight for the vacant title at UFC 80 I believe.

Randy Couture will also be stripped of his title at Heavyweight since he rejected the match offer for him vs. Noguiera, no surprise there.

Just got back into town. Thanks for the info. Gonna check out UFC website. Man alot has happen since I went away. BTW I saw an old Rampage/Silva where Silva knocked out Rampage with a knee. Man he was knocked out cold.

Just got back into town. Thanks for the info. Gonna check out UFC website. Man alot has happen since I went away. BTW I saw an old Rampage/Silva where Silva knocked out Rampage with a knee. Man he was knocked out cold.

Haha, well I've seen Silva knock him out twice. Rampage is dying to avenge those two losses, so he'll be cheering for Wandy against chuck, no doubt. Too much happens with the UFC, its hard for anyone to be on top of everything. I remember I was busy in the summer and had to catch up once it was over. So much has happened since then, honestly, its like keeping up everyday with the NHL or something.