The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
winger52

Who's your Goalie?

Who's your Goalie?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Given recent events, and we can protect only one goalie, who do you protect?

• Eddie Lack
    • Cam Ward

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, MinJaBen said:

For the expansion draft, only NMC have to be protected. But if we later want to move Cam, then yes, his NTC would obviously need to be considered.

Funny, I was thinking about this again. We can expose Cam. I get the notion that we probably keep Cam, but the fact that Eddie has no NTC or NMC makes him more tradable if Francis wants to clean house and bring in another back up to, hopefully, Darling. Even if it is during the year.

Probably not a big issue, since Cam seems to have been willing to allow himself to be traded, but you never know.

Edited by remkin
  • Like 1

I think the easiest way to move Cam is to expose him and "pay" Vegas to take him. They may even want him as he is a veteran and relatively cheap for a year. He could be a good backup to a young guy like Raanta or Grubauer if they want to go that route. Additionally, as part of that payment to them to take him, we might be able to get them to grab Dell from the Sharks to be Darling's backup. That would be my ideal scenario. Then we trade Lack to a team needing a backup.