The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

NHL will not participate in 2018 Olympics

Here is a simple solution for the players who bolt to the Olympics. The clock starts when you leave to attend including any practices, media events, and opening ceremonies. When they return to their paying jobs they have a choice to make. Sit one game for every game missed, or return contract money per game to the league to go to the players retirement fund. Also a class act would be to make a donation to the opposing teams charity because their fans paid to see them play and they did not fulfill that obligation. Basically make it hurt their wallet.   

• Like 1

I'd rather watch an NHL game between the full rosters of the Avalanche and the Devils than any Olympic hockey game other than, perhaps, the tournament final.

19 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

We could just all agree to tune into the Summer Games to see Sidney Crosby compete for a gold in diving.

More like synchronized swimming. 

On 12 августа 2017 г. at 12:48 PM, top-shelf-1 said:

I'd rather watch an NHL game between the full rosters of the Avalanche and the Devils than any Olympic hockey game other than, perhaps, the tournament final.

Watching Canada vs czech can't disagree more - way more fast, physical, interesting and fun to watch rather than latest canes debacle vs. NYI. And that Canada team consists of NHL rejects....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

Watching Canada vs czech can't disagree more - way more fast, physical, interesting and fun to watch rather than latest canes debacle vs. NYI. And that Canada team consists of NHL rejects....

I do wish we had the larger ice in the NHL. 

Watched the USA vs. TTFKAR (The Team Formerly Known as Russia), and I swear, I was watching the Canes with Darling in net.  Scary.  USA lost 4-0.