The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season Talk 2017

5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

We haven't scored a bunch of 5v5 goals this preseason. I believe it is 6.   I try not to base our success on the preseason but it is still a concern.  

Allow me to counter you and say that when we fielded close to our A team minus our top goal scorer we put 6 in the net in a single game. 

Edited by bluedevil58

15 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Allow me to counter you and say that when we fielded close to our A team minus our top goal scorer we put 6 in the net in a single game. 

Fair point.  It will be nice to see us score 3 PP goals and a shorty in one game as well.  That doesn't happen much either.

3 minutes ago

Asked Martin Necas today if he would be willing to stay and play in Charlotte (AHL) if he does not stick on Canes roster.

Necas: "I'd probably still prefer the Czech league. ... Of course my goal is to make the team."

I guess that answers that lingering question. Or does it?

That opening 11 game schedule is actually very difficult. Minnesota is very good. Columbus? Same. Winnepeg just missed the playoffs and is very good at home. Edmonton? Calgary and Dallas are probably much better this year. Tampa, Toronto, St. Louis, Ananheim, and Columbus. Including a far west trip.

There are no push over games in the first 11 games. If we start fast, it would be huge not only due to history, but the teams we would have beaten to get there.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

That opening 11 game schedule is actually very difficult. Minnesota is very good. Columbus? Same. Winnepeg just missed the playoffs and is very good at home. Edmonton? Calgary and Dallas are probably much better this year. Tampa, Toronto, St. Louis, Ananheim, and Columbus. Including a far west trip.

There are no push over games in the first 11 games. If we start fast, it would be huge not only due to history, but the teams we would have beaten to get there.

The way the Canes play, there are no push over games,period!

38 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

The way the Canes play, there are no push over games.

Historically, yes, but that may be about to change.