• Announcements

• OBXer

Use email to sign-on   11/17/2016

If your email doesn't work for sign-on use contact us link at the bottom of the page to send us a message
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LakeLivin

The Great #1 Goalie Thread

81 posts in this topic

Would we want to pull a Calgary and get 2 totally new goalies in the same offseason? I would imagine that we would keep one of our current guys just so that we have someone to fall back on that knows our system. I'd like to have a completely fresh start, but as a newer hockey fan, Calgary is the only team I've seen do this and their experience wasn't exactly smooth sailing. If this is a more common occurrence and I'm just green, then forget all of this and jettison both of them for 2 better guys with more upside!

Also, if we get Grubauer, are people going to start shouting "GRUUUUUB" everytime he makes a save, a la "TUUUUUK" and "DUUUUUB"? Just some food for thought! :P

12 hours ago, Citizen_Quinn said:

Would we want to pull a Calgary and get 2 totally new goalies in the same offseason? I would imagine that we would keep one of our current guys just so that we have someone to fall back on that knows our system. I'd like to have a completely fresh start, but as a newer hockey fan, Calgary is the only team I've seen do this and their experience wasn't exactly smooth sailing. If this is a more common occurrence and I'm just green, then forget all of this and jettison both of them for 2 better guys with more upside!

Also, if we get Grubauer, are people going to start shouting "GRUUUUUB" everytime he makes a save, a la "TUUUUUK" and "DUUUUUB"? Just some food for thought! :P

Well they did make the playoffs.  Even if they got swept that move got them to the playoffs so there is that to consider.  We have had the same starter for the past 8 years and for the past 8 years we have missed the playoffs.  Now I am not putting this all on Ward.  But he has costed us a lot of W's over the years....

Edited by bluedevil58
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

WRONG THREAD.  Deleted.

Since when did that ever stop anybody?

3 people like this

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

g3ib1.jpg

3 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

Good point.  I should have kept it.  Maybe E. Staal could be our new goalie. :)