The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hopper915

Sabres fire GM Murray and Coach Bylsma

I read on a thread somewhere that Jack Eichal said if Bylsma stayed he would not sign his RFA contract. He denied saying that but based on this news he probably did.  Interesting to fire coach/gm at same time.  Must have been some real hate and discontent within the organization toward these two (like it will be if RF/BP don't get our team into playoffs next season).

Does not even remotely surprise me, Murray trashed the Sabres in an attempt to get McDavid then stomped his feet, whined and moaned about getting the 2nd overall pick. Everyone knew Eichel was going second so Murray pretty much spent a week complaining about his future star not being who he even wanted. Hell of a way to enter an organization knowing you're considered the runner up prize to your team.

6 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Does not even remotely surprise me, Murray trashed the Sabres in an attempt to get McDavid then stomped his feet, whined and moaned about getting the 2nd overall pick. Everyone knew Eichel was going second so Murray pretty much spent a week complaining about his future star not being who he even wanted. Hell of a way to enter an organization knowing you're considered the runner up prize to your team.

Perhaps we should have made a trade for Eichel. Bag of pucks and a couple sticks since Murray didn't want him.

3 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

Perhaps we should have made a trade for Eichel. Bag of pucks and a couple sticks since Murray didn't want him.

Not sure what the sarcasm is for? I'm not exaggerating it.

"I'm disappointed for our fans"

It's been years since he said that and I still say ouch.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/sabres-gm-tim-murray-on-lottery-results-im-disappointed-for-our-fans/

Ultimately it was too bad McDavid didn't go to Buffalo having played his hockey just down the road for the Erie Otters. Would have been a mega big hit in Buffalo not to mention the Leafs/Mathews - Sabres/McDavid matchup with these two teams no more than 100 miles apart. An NHL marketing bonanza that will never be...Eichal is clearly a good player but not in the same class as McDavid / Mathews.