The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Ryan Masterton Trophy finalist

Masterton Trophy finalists unveiled NHL.com

Craig Anderson of Senators, Andrew Cogliano of Ducks, Derek Ryan of Hurricanes up for award based on dedication to hockey

I don't think you can under estimate the Ryan accomplishment to reach the NHL let alone his earned value to the Hurricanes this year

Good Luck Derek Ryan

His dedication and perseverance deserves some recognition.  Glad to see him as a finalist.  I think Craig Anderson will win, but I will cross my fingers for a surprise.

8 hours ago, ironman87 said:

His dedication and perseverance deserves some recognition.  Glad to see him as a finalist.  I think Craig Anderson will win, but I will cross my fingers for a surprise.

I think Anderson is the definite winner, especially with the NHL being so big with fighting cancer. I wouldn't at all mind seeing him win.

Cogliano's reason for being nominated (consecutive games played) doesn't seem as major as Anderson or Ryan, so I wouldn't imagine he would be the winner.

Really happy for Ryan! He's a great guy, and I'll definitely be rooting for him to bring some kind of hardware to our organization!