The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

New Sweaters

594939755863e_sweaters2.jpg.74a7ef293b29

Can anyone think of a Cane whose name fits these letters?  Looks like a P or R,   I,  C or S,   A. 

????

Edited by LakeLivin

6 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Can anyone think of a Cane whose name fits these letters? 

I have been playing that game on and off all morning. I haven't figured it out yet.

You know, saluda26 is probably right.  I'm sure quite a few of us have scoured the roster and i'm probably not the only one who looked through the first round draft prospects or some of the big name FAs or trade fodder, and nothing looks right.  Simple and precise... i'll bet that's it.

Sam Huffman -> just curious, when should we be expecting the jersey reveal?

3 hours ago

10 pm EST.

1 hour ago

. How many retweets for us to release our jersey early?

Early would be nice for us older east coast types

I can't wait to see how it's the same jersey with an Adidas logo, rooting for our flags to make a glorious comeback though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MinJaBen said:

Check this tweet out. Purports to have an image of each home jersey. Not sure I like it...

Tweet

Hard to tell on my phone, but if those bars are the flags, I could learn to live with the random black section on the ends... 

Well if that is it, I'll use a Chapelle quote.  I wish I had two more hands to give it 4 thumbs down.  Unless there are shadowed flags in that red, its as elementary as the last jerseys.  

Good grief!

In the comments, people seem to think the flags are back.  If so, i can take anything else they're throwing at us.  Though really, who are we kidding?  Even if they don't have the flags and only added black stripes and borders, they're less bland than the previous eyesores.

I would have to agree a black stripe would do wonders for the jersey.

Edit: I see the rest of the tweet, yes I agree with Minja if the arms are solid black from the elbow down then they ruined it. That's pretty dang hideous lol If the flags are back I'll take the punch but we've won the fight. 

Edited by legend-1

I'm betting the Canes new unis were a money saving move on Adidas' end.  They just took Chicago's, added black to the sleeves, and stuck on a new logo.  Voila, one less jersey they had to design. :rolleyes:

Hard to tell, even when you zoom in. Really hoping they do have the warning flags, but it does look like it will just be a red stripe. I think they look better than the current ones, just because I like the red and black more than the red and white.

So the flags ARE there. I like them. Like Citizen Quin, like the black. Carry the black onto the gloves too. Considering how little I expected them to change, I think they upgraded nicely.

Still no capes though.

You can already buy one too.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/fans/adidas-uniforms

Edited by remkin
  • Like 1

I think these new ones look really sharp! I'm really glad they're going with more black, since using white was too much like the Red Wings jersey. The collar looks nice and clean. The new gloves and socks tie the whole thing together! Wish they would have gone with red and black for the warning flags, and had done the flags around the arms too, but it's just nice to have them back! Also would have liked for the logo to be bigger, but I'm really happy with them, especially since I thought we were getting no changes at all! I expected that they'd use Skins to model them. I like Slavin a lot, but it's just a bit surprising to me with Skins' breakout year. Could we be seeing the "face of the franchise" change yet again? Either way, I guess I'll be getting a new jersey to start the season! :P

I am happy to see the warning flags are back. Though they could have been darker, like the original jersey. Better than the last version!

I'm glad the flags are back, but right now they seem kind of . . . disjointed?  Oh well, no worse than the old ones and maybe they'll grow on me.

Edited by LakeLivin

Compared to the old, this is a huge improvement.

I guess making the flags being barely visible is some sort of middle ground?

I dunno about the black at the bottom, it seems a bit much.

Small nitpicks aside, much better.

Definitely an upgrade over the previous version.  I wish the warning flags were a bit more pronounced, but at least they're back!