The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

New Sweaters

Really liking the new uni's/jerseys. Much better. 

Strange that when they listed the teams that "tweaks" were being made to, Carolina wasn't one of them but they ended up having maybe the most significant change. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that Carolina was ignored...

Just glad they were changed, and by the looks of it, significantly for the better. 

It's almost like they still didn't want the flags but the fans kept clamoring for them so they brought them back halfway.  I can dig it.

The Wild and Oilers are bloody awful.  Golden Knights disappointing... as much as i like their logo i thought they could have done much better with the colors.  Panthers and Avalanche remain sharp.

Better than the last re-design.  Keep in mind that the last one was done in house.  That means Bubba and Zeek did the art work.  This time it looks like they at least employed a designer.

Just a guess, but the third jerseys are coming back next year, and I bet the flags are more prominent on that one and these are more muted so they are different and we all go buy both of them.

The whole thing is about marketing and generating additional income; the suits in NY switch every few years from Nike to Reebok to Adidas, teams make a couple of small uniform changes and presto everyone's out buying their new $200 sweater with a name on the back. This current edition will probably be good for a few years and then back to Nike as it will be their turn.

Well Slavin likes them and if he is excited I'm excited

2 hours ago

"They're pretty sweet ... I'm definitely excited to put those on next year."

You know at first glance even with the flags back I was kind of Ho-hum about them. But the more I look at them the more I like them. I think once the player numbers are on the upper sleeve they will pop even more.  I like the addition of black especially on the bottom of the sweater that will break up that all red "Russian Army Team" look.  I think our shoulder patch would of looked great but I'll settle for the warning flags.

Now bring on the whites.

29 minutes ago, danimal-ch1 said:

Can't tell a difference, nothing exciting to see here.  Same ol.

No difference at all.

jersey.jpg.9b9137897f2a5125b7c11e7b993c56d2.jpg594a8be490f3d_newjersey.png.0695ea4faad5592635f141fd94dad928.png

I take that back.  The one on the left is bigger.

• Like 1

They should have added black pants. My fashion design skills say the fade to black sweater should be a natural carry over to wearing black pants but of course Canes are determined to be like Detroit.

Edited by raleighcaniac

More random thoughts:

• agree on the black pants
  • looks like they did enlarge the crest a bit as well as tilting it more which makes it seem even bigger. Yea!
  • glad the flags are back but I'm guessing they won't be visible on tv or if you're more than a few rows away from the ice

I've been a big proponent for the design below. It almost looks like the Canes brass liked the concept but that Adidas couldn't handle manufacturing the fade and we went with it anyways.  

Hurricanes-1.png

All in all, I do think it's an improvement over last seasons sweaters.  I'll need to see the whole uniform together in order to form a final opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

No difference at all.

jersey.jpg.9b9137897f2a5125b7c11e7b993c56d2.jpg594a8be490f3d_newjersey.png.0695ea4faad5592635f141fd94dad928.png

So the one one the right is new and one on left is last years?   I dig it, I like the black on the bottom,  they are definitely a little cooler, just hadn't seem them side by side.  Word.

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Glad they brought back the flags, but did they have to subdue them that badly?

The really odd thing is I saw that they left the older, bolder warning flag pattern on the inside of the collar. Nobody can see them but apparently they are there.  Still even the subdued version on the sweater is better than nothing.

Dirty Dozen, Donald Sutherland inspecting troops as General Pinkley:

Pinkley: Very pretty, Colonel, Very pretty, But, can they fight?

donal.JPG

Edited by raleighcaniac

9 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

No difference at all.

Seriously what's to like about these?  Are we celebrating a complete and utter lack of innovation?  They look identical.  Maybe I am just bitter about how they are doing away with the black ones.  Which in my opinion looked the best.  It looks like they are trying to compsenate for doing away with the black ones. 

Edited by bluedevil58

43 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Seriously what's to like about these?

That's what i say every time somebody tells me they like Nickelback or Seether.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

That's what i say every time somebody tells me they like Nickelback or Seether.

Well, in 2013, Rolling Stone named Nickelback the second-worst band in history (behind only Creed). If it annoys Jann Wenner, I'm on board. ;-)

29 minutes ago, JonKerfoot said:

Well, in 2013, Rolling Stone named Nickelback the second-worst band in history (behind only Creed). If it annoys Jann Wenner, I'm on board. ;-)

Creed do go hand in hand with Nickelback and Seether, i must say.

I continue to dig the new sweaters.  Perhaps they didn't knock it out of the park, but they at least got a man on base, something they didn't manage with the last redesign.

Definite improvement from the last iteration.

I doubt the logo will ever go large again.  The smaller logo gives better freedom of movement.

Probably the same for the numbers.  I can't read the numbers when they got smaller.  Wish they'd upsize them again.

But hey, they threw us a bone.  I'll take it over "Bubba's" design.

I think (hope) the disappearance of the 3rd unis is just to give the team(s) time to sell some of the redesigned unis without having a competing product. I liked it the black uniforms a lot, and would have been fine adopting them as our primary home uniform. I give it 2-3 years before a 3rd uniform returns, and hopefully ours will change little if any. Some of the 3rd uniforms were hideous (Islanders come to mind), so in a couple years, those teams may get a do-over.