The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

New Sweaters

23 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

I think (hope) the disappearance of the 3rd unis is just to give the team(s) time to sell some of the redesigned unis without having a competing product. I liked it the black uniforms a lot, and would have been fine adopting them as our primary home uniform. I give it 2-3 years before a 3rd uniform returns, and hopefully ours will change little if any. Some of the 3rd uniforms were hideous (Islanders come to mind), so in a couple years, those teams may get a do-over.

It's been reported that the reason the 3rd unis were dropped this year was so as not to stress new supplier Adidas with 3 sets for each team in their first year.  But the 3rds should be back next year.

Edited by LakeLivin

48 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I doubt the logo will ever go large again.  The smaller logo gives better freedom of movement.

I can't be positive but it looks like they did enlarge the logo to me.  Click on the link below to see the latest 3 iterations next to each other.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/morzdl/picture157355449/alternates/FREE_1140/combox3

And the Canes logo doesn't look particularly wimpy compared to the rest of the teams in the poster below, and that didn't seem to be the case last season.

Adidas-NHL-Jerseys.jpg

Edited by LakeLivin

Things I like about the new home jersey:

Warning flags back

the black accents make it distinct from other teams' red jerseys.

Things I don't like:

Laces are small ,and look weird being below the collar crest(but it's the same for all jerseys with laces)

I would have preferred smaller black sleeve ends(but it does look good if you wear gloves)