The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes0506

Trade: TVR and 7th round pick to Canes for later 2nd round pick

11 minutes ago, canes2017 said:

Maybe... not sure we will ever know that though...or why Vegas would be so 'nice' to canes.. vegas still an enigma on what trying to do.. or how they are ever going to get to that $55 million cap floor when except for neal and fluery didn't really take on much salary so far..

With all their roster, they are second only to Chicago in salary cap usage. 

9 minutes ago, canes2017 said:

Maybe... not sure we will ever know that though...or why Vegas would be so 'nice' to canes.. vegas still an enigma on what trying to do.. or how they are ever going to get to that $55 million cap floor when except for neal and fluery didn't really take on much salary so far..

Seems to me like it actually fits in with what I think you were implying; that just by himself TVR may not be worth a 2nd round pick (which is a sentiment I read on another board). If so, the overpayment would explain in part how we got them to pass on Stemp/ Nordy for just a 5th. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

Pretty sure TVR is RHD to replace someone going out to bring in offense.

Well Francis says not trading his D-men to get forwards so I expect if we have another deal it won't involve the top 5 or 6 D

7 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Still seems like we owe Vegas, lol.  Could there be another part of the overall deal with Vegas that's not yet been announced?

My thoughts exactly. McPhee is gonna want more than he got.

1 hour ago, canes2017 said:

Oh do not mind having him- just saying he isn't "all that and a bag of chips"

I don't think that's what we're so excited about. We're excited that not only are Nordy and Stemp staying, but RF did that with picks and a prospect--and solved our 3RHD problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

vegas still an enigma on what trying to do

It could be as simple as McPhee trusting a scout who said Brickley shows promise. Don't forget, he's not just building an NHL team; he's building an entire organization, and that means roster depth.

2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

It could be as simple as McPhee trusting a scout who said Brickley shows promise. Don't forget, he's not just building an NHL team; he's building an entire organization, and that means roster depth.

I was trying to figure out when I said egnima.  I guess you did a dual quote and it blended mine with another.

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

I was trying to figure out when I said egnima.  I guess you did a dual quote and it blended mine with another.

oops, I pulled that out of your quote of canes2017 at the top of the page. Technology. Who needs it.

24 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Also, in hindsight--RF let Chicago have Ulf. Factor?

Pick up the coaching styles, franchise procedures, and practice syles.  That way when he comes back in 2 years we can complete a full transformation into the Carolina Blackhawks

• Like 1

This defense we are putting together makes my heart sing.

It's been a long time coming.

Build From the goal out.

If Darling can anchor this group look out.

Go to work on the top-6

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 2

This is a great trade for us as is stands right now.  Right now our top 6 is:

Slavin-Pesce

Hanifan-Faulk

Fleury/Dahlbeck - TVR/Murphy

We used 1 extra second and 1 extra 3rd to end our search for defensemen and #1 goalie this offseason.  And we haven't even hit Free Agency yet.  So, all we need to do is get a scoring forward and this team will be dangerous come the fall.

Bravo, GMRF!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ironman87 said:

This is a great trade for us as is stands right now.  Right now our top 6 is:

Slavin-Pesce

Hanifan-Faulk

Fleury/Dahlbeck - TVR/Murphy

We used 1 extra second and 1 extra 3rd to end our search for defensemen and #1 goalie this offseason.  And we haven't even hit Free Agency yet.  So, all we need to do is get a scoring forward and this team will be dangerous come the fall.

Bravo, GMRF!

THIS!!! :thumbsup:

If we can get a scoring top 6 F with picks and prospects then I'm sure RF will pull the trigger...no way I trade any of our top 4 D nor Fleury. 

I would offer Bean, our 1st, Murphy or Dahlbeck, for a solid top 6 F...who that is & with what team???

I didn't watch Chicago last season with the exception of the Canes games.  Is van Riemsdyk really an upgrade over Tennyson?  I like more aspects of Tennyson's games than i dislike; he was actually the only one who looked good to me paired on the 3rd with Hanifin.

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I didn't watch Chicago last season with the exception of the Canes games.  Is van Riemsdyk really an upgrade over Tennyson?  I like more aspects of Tennyson's games than i dislike; he was actually the only one who looked good to me paired on the 3rd with Hanifin.

I have to admit that I haven't seen a ton of Blackhawk games, but TVR is a low risk / high reward type of transaction. As far as TVR vs Tennyson...from what I read his potential ceiling is higher, but not by much. TVR solid 5/6 with top 4 potential...Tennyson ceiling is probably 5/6 D pair...but who knows...maybe RF or BP didn't like Tennyson, or maybe he wouldn't resign, or maybe RF was just trying to add to the depth of RHD. 

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Fixed

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Fixed

Fixed again..

BOTH trevor and Chicago were pretty bad ...

IMO, its ok to admit a player the canes picked up has faults.. nothing wrong with that, or being realistic about him going forward instead of the usual sunshine and rainbows being farted out their butts on how good they will be..only to be disappointed after hype wears off..see semin, alex.. staal, Jordan...olishnish, sandis..ruuto,tumo gleason timmie etc etc etc

I hope TVR is a depth acquisition and is going to be the 7th D behind RHS Faulk, Pesce & McKeown. Otherwise, McKeown finds himself in Charlotte again. RF should give the kid a chance this year. If it does not work out, TVR will be welcomed with open arms. There is also Murphy that RF likes a lot, for reasons unknown to me...

Edited by RyazanCaniac

Good point, Ryazan.  You know, i don't expect TVR to be Charlotte-bound, but even if he is, it's worth the 62nd (no?) pick of the draft to have a 5th RHD option in the system now, as opposed to one who will have to distill for 3-4 years.

Edited by realmdrakkar

Listening to RF today TVR is already slotted in the 5/6 slot so he isn't going anywhere. IMO

Yeah, it was all worth it and is a very good trade for us and I'm not saying TVR will go to CHA. I'm just hoping McKeown will play some minutes in the big club, as well as Fleury by the way.

• Like 1