The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Trade and FA signings

A lot of pre-draft swapping going on today

acquire defensemen Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson.

26 minutes agoJackets get Chicago's sixth-round pick this weekend and Hawks get 5th-rounder in 2018; that's the pick swap in the deal

26 minutes ago So full deal: Panarin, Motte and 6th Rd pick this year to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg and 5th Rd pick 2018

10 minutes agoBob McKenzie Retweeted Darren DregerAs reported, it's Stepan and Raanta to ARI for DeAngelo and No. 7 overall pick:

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Bob McKenzieVerified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 10m10 minutes agoBob McKenzie Retweeted Darren DregerAs @DarrenDreger reported, it's Stepan and Raanta to ARI for DeAngelo and No. 7 overall pick:

That one is interesting. NYR might take a step back next year. They are already putting one step from now to the future. Unless of course they pick up another center before the season. There is definitely a top 7 in the draft. I guess we have to see how they replace Stepan this year. Then again, I was pretty amazed how good the Rangers ended up being last year, so who knows?

15 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @PierreVLeBrun 26m26 minutes ago So full deal: Panarin, Motte and 6th Rd pick this year to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg and 5th Rd pick 2018

Oh skimmed that one. That's a big deal. At least at first glance this makes Columbus that much better. Saad is very good. Panarin is a star.

We cannot compete in the Metro if Francis whiffs on the top forward.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, remkin said:

Oh skimmed that one. That's a big deal. At least at first glance this makes Columbus that much better. Saad is very good. Panarin is a star.

We cannot compete in the Metro if Francis whiffs on the top forward.

He will. 

Nothing earth shattering here but if true the door is still open.

On the Carolina Hurricanes …

David Pagnotta: “Some talk the Hurricanes are dangling defenseman Noah Hanifin as trade bait. Carolina wants top-line guy.”

AJ Haefele: “All joking aside, Hanifin has been Colorado’s top target in a Duchene deal for ages. If CAR will pull the trigger, believe Avs will, too.”

On the Colorado Avalanche …

David Pagnotta: “Duchene talks ongoing, shifting. Carolina, Nashville, others in the mix.”

Islanders GM Snow would still like to trade for Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene. It’s believed their is an offer on the table that include Hamonic, a prospect and maybe the Islanders 2018 1st round pick.

43 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

David Pagnotta: “Duchene talks ongoing, shifting. Carolina, Nashville, others in the mix.”

I had given up on this. I guess we should keep our options and expectations open ;)

Oh, if only we could have got Panarin... I would have been over the top with happiness... Dream on. Match-ups against CBJ are getting much more interesting now.

Caps re-sign T.J. Oshie for eight years. AAV of $5.75 million. No way RF or PK would touch eight years

Edited by slapshot02

29 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Caps re-sign T.J. Oshie for eight years. AAV of $5.75 million. No way RF or PK would touch eight years

So much for that idea. Yes, 8 years is too long, but their basically writing the last couple of years off.

I'd have taken it, but he clearly wanted to stay put.

So the leaves trades.

3 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Nothing earth shattering here but if true the door is still open.

On the Carolina Hurricanes …

David Pagnotta: “Some talk the Hurricanes are dangling defenseman Noah Hanifin as trade bait. Carolina wants top-line guy.”

AJ Haefele: “All joking aside, Hanifin has been Colorado’s top target in a Duchene deal for ages. If CAR will pull the trigger, believe Avs will, too.”

On the Colorado Avalanche …

Islanders GM Snow would still like to trade for Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene. It’s believed their is an offer on the table that include Hamonic, a prospect and maybe the Islanders 2018 1st round pick.

Hmm........

I knew Philadelphia would move Schenn to make space for Patrick.

so they take back a really bad contract a 27th pick, and a top 10 protected potential 2nd 1st rounder?

they basically are in the same roster situation and save 700k in cap.

Landskrog signed yet? Is RF going to make this happen? If so, have to believe it will be after the chaos of tomorrow. Of Duchene and Landskrog,who do we want, that is if Landy is still there?

3 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Landskrog signed yet? Is RF going to make this happen? If so, have to believe it will be after the chaos of tomorrow. Of Duchene and Landskrog,who do we want, that is if Landy is still there?

What do you mean is Landeskog signed? He is signed for 4 more years at 5.57 million per. I think he has great chemistry with a few guys on the team already but Im not paying what Joe wants for him.  He only put up 33 points. He has trended in the wrong direction for points over the last 4 going from 65 to 33, each season scoring less the last season.  He would be a good addition for a D and O prospect, pick contingent on us making the playoffs.

Duchene isn't worth one of our cornerstone defenders with only 2 years left on his deal. Nashville doesn't think so either.  Im assuming NYI don't because they are willing to move Harmonic but a Duchene trade didn't materialize.  If Im moving Hanafin its for Mackinnon.  He has plenty of years left on his deal, 6, and even when they sucked he still scored 71 points.  I would do Hanafin, McGinn or Roy, 42nd pick and a 1st next year.  Then call LV about Methot.  He knows what it is like to play along side an O minded D.

Well, our options for landing a top tier center or winger via FA is getting worse and worse by the day.  Franchise might be handcuffed into parting with one of our top D-men at this point...and it's beginning to scare me at what the fallout would be for our blue line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Then call LV about Methot.  He knows what it is like to play along side an O minded D.

I'm a fan of Methot. In regards to +/- he is always in the positive at the end of the year. Last three years +13 +12 +22. Very hard to ignore from a D man.

3 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

What do you mean is Landeskog signed? He is signed for 4 more years at 5.57 million per. I think he has great chemistry with a few guys on the team already but Im not paying what Joe wants for him.  He only put up 33 points. He has trended in the wrong direction for points over the last 4 going from 65 to 33, each season scoring less the last season.  He would be a good addition for a D and O prospect, pick contingent on us making the playoffs.

Duchene isn't worth one of our cornerstone defenders with only 2 years left on his deal. Nashville doesn't think so either.  Im assuming NYI don't because they are willing to move Harmonic but a Duchene trade didn't materialize.  If Im moving Hanafin its for Mackinnon.  He has plenty of years left on his deal, 6, and even when they sucked he still scored 71 points.  I would do Hanafin, McGinn or Roy, 42nd pick and a 1st next year.  Then call LV about Methot.  He knows what it is like to play along side an O minded D.

Ok gocanes0506, I get your points, and suggest if we wait for MacKinnon, or be as selective as you suggest with the other 2, than we better be prepared to open the 17-18 nseason as presently constituted, because the pickings are few and getting fewer. Are you prepared for that?

15 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Ok gocanes0506, I get your points, and suggest if we wait for MacKinnon, or be as selective as you suggest with the other 2, than we better be prepared to open the 17-18 nseason as presently constituted, because the pickings are few and getting fewer. Are you prepared for that?

Maybe I missed your point. What did you mean is he signed yet?