The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Trade and FA signings

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

Wondered if someone else scooped him up?

TBH I think based on Joe's asking price, his production, and contract term his name fell off the rumor mill.  

I've seen multiple reports on what Sakic wanted for MD but have not see anything on the asking price for GL. Is it the same Sakic wish list?

Have been hearing that multiple teams are interested in the rights to  Nikita Gusev from Vegas. He put up 24 goals 47 assist for 71 points for SKA St. Petersburg in KHL Wonder if RF is taking a sniff? RyazanCaniac any feedback on this kid?

Edited by slapshot02

9 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Have been hearing that multiple teams are interested in the rights to  Nikita Gusev from Vegas. He put up 24 goals 47 assist for 71 points for SKA St. Petersburg in KHL Wonder if RF is taking a sniff? RyazanCaniac any feedback on this kid?

He's a LW, our deepest forward position, and listed at 5'9", 163 lbs.  

And this from dobberprospects:

June 2017 - The Vegas Golden Knights acquired Gusev in a trade from the Tampa Bay Lightning.It still remains doubtful he will come to North America in the near future, or at all, but if he does he could be a major asset for the franchise. Peter Harling

May 2017 – On May 13th Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reported that Nikita Gusev “has no immediate plans to return to North America.” The Lightning’s seventh-round-pick in 2012 has been a dangerous offensive weapon for St. Petersburg of the KHL, he’s also a good friend of countryman, Nikita Kucherov. If Gusev re-up’s on his contract in the KHL, we likely won’t see him in a Lightning jersey for some time, if ever. It’s a significant blow to the Lightning’s prospect depth on the wing, however will open doors for other intriguing and eager prospects to come. Brayden Olafson

All things considered, dosen't seem like he's a likely source of help for the Canes.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 8:41 PM, slapshot02 said:

Let me post here what I have replied to Slap in a personal message:

Yeah, I've heard something about him.
Some say that he is one of the best players that KHL now has. Maybe...

For me he is an irresolute sportsman with bad character.
Some sources say that he has no decision on his future as of now.
But I heard he said that there's no chance of seeing him in the NHL this year as he is signed by SKA and both sides are pretty happy about it. Moreover, he'd like to play in the Olympics next year. He seems to be not too happy about finding himself in Vegas and about their roster, to have had some kind of a conflict with Yzerman and to have no interest in an entry level contract. His words about going to the NHL after he is 28 y.o. to have a chance to get a better contract and to be able to choose a club (it is better with a Russian player in its roster) pretty much give him away.
Although he is in the States now and will have a meeting with Vegas staff soon.
Maybe he'll change his mind. And he may be a good NHL player, but I don't see him as an NHL star and I don't like him. I might be wrong. :)

Being as fastidious as he is, it is unlikely he'll leave KHL to play in CAR if we get his rights.

Supposedly McDavid is close to signing a 8 year 13.25 million AAV deal.  No wonder Oilers have traded away everything for nothing.  Add in the expected 8 million AAV for Draisaitl and there goes all their cap space until forever. 

I'd trade just about anyone for Draistail if they want out of that part of their cap problem. 

But if they do sign Draisaitl and McDavid, they will be quickly even worse off than Chicago with Toews and Kane over $20 million/year. 

Looks like Smith stays in NY with a 4.35 AAV over 4 years.  Keep plucking those defenders from the market.  LV is liking it.

Also Buffalo was told no on signing a draftee to a contract, Cam Petersen.  Goalie will sign with LA, supposedly, on the 1st.   

14 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

taking out Faulk in practice was his canes legacy

Sad but true

So Colorado signed Yakapov for a year.

On the one hand, they seem like as good a place as any for his final chance. On the other hand it seems sort of pathetic matching two once well thought of, now fallen hard entities.

Also can't help but think....this is your move Joe?

Sakic is so revered in Colorado, but I just can't help but think if he doesn't move Duchene and or Landeskog, his days may be numbered.

Edited by remkin

10 minutes ago, remkin said:

So Colorado signed Yakapov for a year.

Trying to figure Col out is a full time job.