The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

Free Agency Frenzy or Fizzle

19 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

What else is Mrs. Wxray predicting? Playoffs? 

She says YES.  I didn't know I lived with the Oracle of Raleigh.  :)

But she tempered her YES on the playoffs with caution that her predictive powers may be a little rose-colored by this awesome news.  She's extremely happy about this!  We are both happy with the terms too.

One final laugh from Mrs. Wxray: "Wow, what an upgrade from one of our previous UFA signings, Anthony Stewart."  I forgot about that guy!  I swear she has a roster archive memorized.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

What else is Mrs. Wxray predicting? Playoffs? 

Inquiring minds want to know. And by that I mean NONE of the supposed "insiders" who never gave Willy to Carolina any cred.

• Like 1

Gauthier tearing it up out here Bean, Necas, Roy, and Foegle all looking really good.

Edited by remkin

Finally the Williams deal made the TSN FA Tracker.  That's alright I have a feeling they won't be able to ignore us much longer!!!

Oh and just beacuse

1 hour ago

Per , Ron Hainsey expected to go to TOR.

"Puck bunted down.  Hurricanes steal... Staal gets the puck up the middle to Williams and he won the Stanley Cup!  Justin Williams has won the Stanley Cup for the Carolina Hurricanes!"

-  Chuck Kaiton

• Like 1

Official news release for JWilley

Canes Agree to Terms with Justin Williams

"We said that we needed goal scoring and veteran leadership, and Justin will bring us both," said Francis. "He believes in what we are doing here and is returning to Raleigh to help the Hurricanes take the next step."

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Assuming this is true about Williams, first this is just awesome news. Second, this should put Francis in the driver seat with regards to Duchene or any other deals.

Also:

Canes, Preds, and CBJs were the three teams rumored to be still in the hunt for Duchene.  Does signing Bonino take Preds out of the mix?  Seems like Sakic is facing a lot of pressure to make a move.  Depending on what BJs  do, wonder if Sakic might become open to a futures package instead of requiring an NHL proven d-man. 

• Like 1

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts. Is this the "big one" to which RF alluded in his reputed conversation with Karmanos, not that I'm complaining, or is there more to come perhaps later in the summer?

5 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Also:

Canes, Preds, and CBJs were the three teams rumored to be still in the hunt for Duchene.  Does signing Bonino take Preds out of the mix?  Seems like Sakic is facing a lot of pressure to make a move.  Depending on what BJs  do, wonder if Sakic might become open to a futures package instead of requiring an NHL proven d-man. 

My thoughts exactly. If Francis pulls this off for Fleury and some picks the future so bright I gotta wear shades.

And with how good Jake Bean is lookinglooking out there we can let Fleury go.

Edited by remkin

4 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts. Is this the "big one" to which RF alluded in his reputed conversation with Karmanos, not that I'm complaining, or is there more to come perhaps later in the summer?

I think we still have a move or two left but I think Williams is/was the big move

Just now, coastal_caniac said:

So the team, by my calculations, is still not at the Cap floor.  Take that as you will but at least one or two moves is likely to happen at some point.

PDG will push the Canes over the floor.