Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

Free Agency Frenzy or Fizzle

Recommended Posts

Can we make an offer sheet for Draisitl?  There's gotta be some teeth gnashing between his party and Edmonton after the mega-deal that McDavid just got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think JW was the big move RF was talking about. 5mil is a big contract for this Organization. I think he will continue to look through the summer for anything that looks possible but in the end he will feel content that he signed some D help/ goalie/offense to improve the team. I just don't think RF is willing to give up any D, a current NHLer or prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On goalie Jeremy Smith:

 

"Prior to turning professional, he played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), spending the majority of that time with the Plymouth Whalers, where his head coach was current Charlotte Checkers Head Coach Mike Vellucci. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Can we make an offer sheet for Draisitl?  There's gotta be some teeth gnashing between his party and Edmonton after the mega-deal that McDavid just got.

Chiarelli on all Draisaitl rumours: "We are not trading him. I have talked to nobody nor will I." He stated he will match any offer sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

Chiarelli on all Draisaitl rumours: "We are not trading him. I have talked to nobody nor will I." He stated he will match any offer sheet.

Good...let's put in a sheet and make them pay out the *** for him.  Serves them right for wasting all those #1 picks over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Looks like Shattenkirk to NYR is official...and the division just turned into more of a bloodbath!

4 years at 6.9 mil per  yowza.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

4 years at 6.9 mil per  yowza.

 

Did you expect anything less?  Whomever signed him was going to pay dearly for his services.

 

Anaheim picked up Ryan Miller to back up Gibson.  And with Fowler re-upping with them, they could be the Pacific Division champs for the next few seasons running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

4 years at 6.9 mil per  yowza.

 

 

7 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Looks like Shattenkirk to NYR is official...and the division just turned into more of a bloodbath!

 

A. Shattenkirk is vastly overrated because of his strong partners in the past.  He went the Capitals and wasn't much.

 

B. NYR have jacked their cap again.  They have 8 million left to re-sign Zibanejad and Fast then get one more roster forward.  They have about 13 million of salary falling off next year but have 4 RFAs as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

Man the cap space issues of a bunch of teams are stopping the big 3 from signing.  

Good...more room for us to move in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Good...more room for us to move in.

 

I highly doubt we are going to sign Big Joe, Marleau, or Radulov at this point. I would be surprised if we got any better than a 3rd line center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't want Radulov with all the extra baggage he brings...Thornton is more assists than goals...but I'd love to see us try to go for Marleau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 contract spots left after they sign PDG...Wow! Tons of good prospects in the Canes system!!!

 

Big Joe & Marleau 3 year deals for the last two spots right???? Get r done GMRF!!!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Good...let's put in a sheet and make them pay out the *** for him.  Serves them right for wasting all those #1 picks over the years.

I don't think PK is in a drunken stupor to offer 8.5 or 9 mil per year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rocheccw said:

2 contract spots left after they sign PDG...Wow! Tons of good prospects in the Canes system!!!

 

Big Joe & Marleau 3 year deals for the last two spots right???? Get r done GMRF!!!:D

What about the current picks?  

 

Also what about next year? Outside of Stempniak not being kept, we don't have a lot falling off the roster.  We need to 1 year deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

I don't think PK is in a drunken stupor to offer 8.5 or 9 mil per year.

Well since Chiarelli already came out and said he will match any offer sheet, call up Leon's agent, ask him what he wants, then put it on an offer sheet and make Edmonton match it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gocanes0506 said:

What about the current picks?  

 

Also what about next year? Outside of Stempniak not being kept, we don't have a lot falling off the roster.  We need to 1 year deals.

Current picks don't have to be signed for a few years depending on where they play(juniors, College, or Europe)

Canes have 8 UFAs that come off the books next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...