The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

Free Agency Frenzy or Fizzle

The whole Duchene story is Sakic wants more than anybody wants to give.  There are about 5 possible suitors for this trade.  Canes fans want to trade Fleury/Bean and something and Sakic wants more.

Spin in it however you want to, but this is, and has been the story since the trade deadline.  The whole story in 3 sentences.

13 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

The whole Duchene story is Sakic wants more than anybody wants to give.  There are about 5 possible suitors for this trade.  Canes fans want to trade Fleury/Bean and something and Sakic wants more.

Spin in it however you want to, but this is, and has been the story since the trade deadline.  The whole story in 3 sentences.

Duchene expensive nobody pay.   (4 words)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

5 hours ago, hag65 said:

Duchene expensive nobody pay.   (4 words)

Sakic overprices Duchene.  (3 words) :P

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 2

If the team gives up a top-4 defenseman and then some in the future I hope the return is better than a Duchene.  I'd rather go after Tavares or somebody of that mold.  Keep an eye on the Checkers this year because there's ammo in the chest down there to get a better deal done down the road.  Also a year from now we might have 5 top-4 defenseman, ya never know the way lady luck has blessed the D.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Tavares for Hani and a 1st.  I would do this one if I were GM!  Maybe just Hani since the contact is only 1 year for Tavares.  I would add if he resigns stipulations on the deal.

Edited by bluedevil58
  • Like 1

Tavares will go for more right now.  

We wont be able to afford Tavares and our current roster players in 2 years. Talking 8.6 + AAV for Tavares.  

On Duchene:

I see GMRF's point of night trading for a 2 year center for a potential top pair defender. If there was a season to do it, its this one.  LV only has 12 defenders on the roster still and plenty with short contracts.  So we could find a good replacement fairy cheap.  If GMRF brought in Kruger to allow JS to play more offense, then we'll probably just play with the current roster.  Im not overly confident in Ryan's ability as a full season center.  

Tatar?  He said if he doesn't get a contract he us looking for, he'll take the arbitration and become a free agent in 2018.  A smaller wing but has scored more goals in the last 3 seasons than Eberle.  A mcginn, McKeown, and winger prospect trade if we get to agree to a contract first.  Would force Lindholm back to center but he could be a solid pickup. He would be hard to afford in 2 years but easier than Tavares. 6 years 6-6.5 AAV.

1 hour ago, coastal_caniac said:

If the team gives up a top-4 defenseman and then some in the future I hope the return is better than a Duchene.

Amen and don't forget to genuflect as you exit the pew.

3 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

. (punctuation only, no letters)

I think you win even on pixel count.

• Like 1

This message is not directed at an individual but the group. Having a little fun is one thing. Attempting to derail, belittle a poster or prove you know best is another. I will ask one more time that we all respect the rights of other users and if you wish to  add to the conversation you are welcome.   If you have nothing constructive to add please refrain from posting.

Warnings and Bans
- This message board has a "3 Strikes and Your Out" policy.

**Accounts can and will be banned at the discretion of the staff based on the severity of the infraction, history of the violator or continued refusal to comply with the board rules and guidelines.

If you wish to talk with me or whaler  you may do so in a PM

I'm not sure what happened since I've been off the board a few days, but the final edit as it reads above is hilarious.  Thanks for the laugh!  Getting a trade discussion down to one punctuation mark is quite an accomplishment.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

I'm not sure what happened since I've been off the board a few days, but the final edit as it reads above is hilarious.  Thanks for the laugh!  Getting a trade discussion down to one punctuation mark is quite an accomplishment.

I'm actually really glad none of the above was deleted, I needed a laugh at 5 am....cause it was 5 frickin am.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

I'm actually really glad none of the above was deleted, I needed a laugh at 5 am....cause it was 5 frickin am.

I'm not positive, but I don't think that series of posts was what the mods were referring to.  Unless maybe my post of "Y?" was interpreted as referring to coastal's post of "No" directly above it (the "Y?" was actually directed at Sakic). 

Oh, and good on ya; I don't know if there's anything that could make me laugh at 5 frickin am. :P

Edited by LakeLivin

I would like Jagr to come here.  For the record, if I were GM I would do it.

Skinner-Rask-Williams

Aho-Staal-Lindy

Stemp-TT-Jagr

That's a nasty top 9.  Tt and Lindy as interchangeable centers.  I don't care if he is slow.  He would cause a production in scoring.  I know it's not going to happen.  However,  that move would fill up our stadium.  This being a legit good business decision.

Thank God I am not GM though.  Am I right?

Edited by bluedevil58

I would be OK signing him to a 1-year deal and see what happens.  Its not like people are beating down his doors, so I bet he could be had for cheap.  If he can still help us and put butts in seats, why not?  I think the latter would happen, but the former is a question especially considering the speed at which we play.