The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

Free Agency Frenzy or Fizzle

30 minutes ago, ironman87 said:

I would be OK signing him to a 1-year deal and see what happens.  Its not like people are beating down his doors, so I bet he could be had for cheap.  If he can still help us and put butts in seats, why not?  I think the latter would happen, but the former is a question especially considering the speed at which we play.

1 year 1M seems fair...Maybe it includes some bonuses. But I would still prefer Vanek on this type of contract...he has more offensive ups side IMO.

Jags would be a good PR move, but probably not a good hockey move. Just too slow...the majority of his goals were the slow 3F into the O zone type, & he wasn't staying back to play defense. :) 

• Like 1

Rumblings from Detroit about contract negotiating issues with Tatar. Rumored to want in the 5mil range. I know Francis is likely done for now, so just spit ballin'. Looks like a solid 20-30 goal 50-55pt guy. Sign and trade? Thoughts? Hey at least I didn't bring up Duchene again.

2 hours ago, rocheccw said:

But I would still prefer Vanek on this type of contract...he has more offensive ups side IMO.

I agree 100% with this, though Jagr would be a bigger draw.  Vanek would probably help us more.  The question is, do we need wing help?  Personally I think Lindholm should play center.  When he moved there last year, I thought he was fantastic.  Then we could get wing help and not continue to try and pry away HWSNBN #2.

Edited by ironman87
Addition to post.

2 hours ago, ironman87 said:

Personally I think Lindholm should play center.  When he moved there last year, I thought he was fantastic.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately my initials are not BP :)

That being said, we are rich in Cs. With Jordan getting longer in the tooth and Aho apparently thought of as a future C, I could totally see Lindholm back in the middle sooner than later. Imagine Aho, Rask and Lindy down the middle. (Excuse me, I have a puddle of drool to wipe up...)