Chad Johnson- BUF

Patrick Sharp- CHI

Bernier- COL

Dadonov & Haley- FLA

Pavalec- NYR

Gagner, Del Zotto, Nilsson- VAN

Edited by gocanes0506

1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

Here's some info for you.   J Willy bought a house in Cary on 5/9.  True story....

Seriously. 

:letssee:

20 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I thought the replace thing was more of a football thing.  They do this because it isn't guaranteed.

In NHL, everything is guaranteed.  (Ask RF how he feels about "He Who Shall Not Be Named")  So when they announce contracts, it is usually for the NEXT one. 

But maybe there is another way.

I stand corrected based on what Lake posted.

So since teams have been able to talk, and presumably are talking now, I'm guessing that there are some deals right out of the gate.

3 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

B.D. Gallof: Hearing that the Avs Matt Duchene will be traded to either the Columbus Blue Jackets or the Carolina Hurricanes. Don’t think the Islanders are in on Duchene anymore.

Yep yesterday's news. When you listen to the tsn insiders, they don't mention our name as a partner.

For what it's worth, The Avalanche's beat writer Adrian Dater says the offers from Columbus and Nashville have still not been good enough.  Apparently nobody wants to come off of a core player to acquire him.

who was it arguing with me about "lists" that players make?  And about how we are never to rarely on them? Fake news?  I think not, the lists always come out and we are never on them.  Well, except Semin, he was the last big FA who came here.  I hope we are on somebody's list that we haven't heard about and we grab them today, but............ probably gotta trade to get someone today.

Edited by danimal-ch1

11 hours ago, AtlCaniac60 said:

Am I the only one who wants to give Nail a shot on a cheap 1 year deal?

Yes. Yes you are.

Joking. I don't know if he was overrated or suffered from not playing in the AHL, but IMO, the first problem with bringing in anybody cheap at this point is where you put them, and the message it sends to our homegrown guys. How do you let a low-paid under-performer like Nail take ice time from, say, McGinn, who you've developed and just rewarded with an NHL deal at about the same money?

On top of that, the Russia issue is worrisome. The Oil assigned Yaks to Sarnia during the lockout but he went back to Russia instead, where, after two games, he was judged contractually ineligible to play. Put him under contract now and you're likely as not to lose him to the KHL, which is notorious for snagging Russian players who feel underpaid/under-appreciated. Given his history, I think he's a prime candidate to bolt for the same (or better) money in the Motherland.

21 minutes ago, danimal-ch1 said:

who was it arguing with me about "lists" that players make? 

Me, for one.  Not really arguing, just wondering how you knew these list always came out and the Canes were never on them.

One reason the Canes may be off those lists is because the GM never inquired.  I have Scarlett Johannson on my list, but I don't think it really matters one way or the other.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, danimal-ch1 said:

who was it arguing with me about "lists" that players make?  And about how we are never to rarely on them? Fake news?  I think not, the lists always come out and we are never on them.  Well, except Semin, he was the last big FA who came here.  I hope we are on somebody's list that we haven't heard about and we grab them today, but............ probably gotta trade to get someone today.

It was me, and until you post one "list" confirmed by the player himself, you'll continue to be wrong. You also never answered my question, re your claim that "nobody wants to come here." To refresh your memory, it was:

Which do you really think is more likely: (1) That of all the FAs over the past 10 years, none - as you claim - were willing to come here, or (2) that, thanks to JR's blowing the budget on E and Cam, he was never able to get beyond the first question with them: "What are you looking for"??

Edited by top-shelf-1

1 hour ago, remkin said:

:letssee:

Why don't I call him? I live in Raleigh,he might think it is Ronnie and pick up the phone.703 527 7375  lol

Listening to Francis yesterday it looks like we are in the market for a more seasoned goalie to play in Charlotte.  Plan would be for a more experienced goalie to be available if something happens at the big club level and one of Ned or Booth would stay in Charlotte while the other would play in Florida to get playing time. I mentioned last week I thought Booth/Ned would be our Charlotte goalies and someone (sorry I forgot who) questioned the wisdom of having two young goalies in Charlotte. They were right.

I'm not sure we will get a goalie in the Frenzy or trade or re-sign Leights and it is a side story to the real interest today of the J. Williams watch

3 minutes ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

Aaron Ward just tweeted Justin Williams is likely to return to Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday. I'm sure Justin loved his time (and Cups) in LA, but the chance to lead a youthful team as your swan song, and to put down roots and groom your post-playing career surrounded by the guys who did what nobody thought they could do? Priceless.